PDA

View Full Version : e38 suport

69camaro5speed
February 3rd, 2007, 03:26 PM
ross, paul help any idea when the e38 will be suported.i have 2 very big jobs that need done at the end of the month (feb.) with e38 pcms. taking new suburbans and up grading motors to 408 and if they go well may get 30 to 200 more this is a major acount that i cant put off please tell me you are going to release the e38 with in next 2 weeks. you guys rock ,efilive rocks,i rather take a beating then use some other tuning software i know you are busy same way here. i hook up and engine dyno 4 to 8 motors a week,grind cranks and polish for 5 engine bulders also that week 8 to 10 hours a day then tune some times 3 to 5 hours a day and work 95% of my weekends and holidays but all pays off when you do stuff like win the 2006 engine masters challenge like we did this year.nothing like making the best tuning software in the world :master:.i know you can only do so much just trying to plan what i need to do
thanks again for they a great product rich

69camaro5speed
February 3rd, 2007, 03:30 PM
you think i would read my post befor posting sorry slopy post

GMPX
February 4th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Rich, sorry mate, E38 support won't be out in the next 2 weeks.
But you know when it does, it will be thorough, complete and will offer all the functionality our Gen-IV E40 software does. Myself and Paul are probably our own worst enemies when it comes to 'ready for release' decisions, but that is how we work.
We knew Gen-IV tuners had been pleading for a locking method for the E40 ECM for sometime, there was no way we were going to release our Gen-IV E40 software without a good solid locking system. Same will be for the E38/E67, it will have plenty of tables and parameters just like our first E40 release had over 600!

Cheers,
Ross

69camaro5speed
February 4th, 2007, 02:27 AM
yeah thats why i like your stuff very confident in it you guys are very good at having your release 110 %.i have a work shop and understand the conditions of beta testing if you need a beta tester that would be loyal and give good feed back i am more then willing to do that.i am good at finding weak points seems like and the e 38 ecm is on crate engine depot.com for 295 willing to take the risk with no negitive feed back to efi live because understanding beta testing stuff can happen. sorry if i seem pushy i just dont want to try other software would rather help efilive even if its buying couple e38 computers for testing thanks again rich

ringram
February 4th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Congrats on winning engine masters mate.
Nice job.

PS: There are loads of Holden owners who would love the E38 support too. Always someone waiting for something somewhere..

69camaro5speed
February 4th, 2007, 08:33 AM
thinks ringram do you know john from chi we used his heads he is from over in your part of the world i think.yeah i know just in a bad bind this is a customer who could bring me over 200 jobs a year thanks agin ringram

VYSSLS1
February 7th, 2007, 04:16 AM
yes as Blacky and GMPX know im still waiting, got a vz l76 with my old t-trim on it, ready to go been awaiting a few weeks now, just need the software, and try and make it sooner as the customer keeps on getting me to do more mods to the car.....:nixweiss:

I know u guys are working extreamly hard on it to get it done, but its like being a kid, waiting for a new toy........

ive told the customer to wait, as i couldnt down grade myself to use vcm suite.....:rockon:

all we need now is moates to come on board and release the road runner for e38's, Then efilive will be completly untouchable......:cheers:

If Blacky and GMPX are reading this post, stop reading, and get back into final testing guys.........:D Just joking. U can pm me with a approx date so i can just let the customer know would be greatly appreaciated.

ringram
February 7th, 2007, 04:45 AM
I think its getting nearer based on recent comments in the beta forum. Just hang tight guys.

carneb
February 7th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Can Flashscan log the E38 PCM at the moment? I've read of someone doing it but they might have a beta version.

Blacky
February 7th, 2007, 01:35 PM
Can Flashscan log the E38 PCM at the moment? I've read of someone doing it but they might have a beta version.

Yes, although we have not validated the enhanced PIDs for it yet.
The LS2 E38 controller uses the more powerful and faster PowerPC processor and can spit back data at up to 40fps, unlike the LS1, and LS2 E40 PCMs which can only spit back data at 10fps.

Note: at 40fps you'll need a fairly fast laptop to keep up. My 2.8GHz sits at around 80% CPU usage when logging at 40fps.

When you connect to the E38, for now just select the E40 controller option.

Once the E38 tune tool is released we will have validated the enhanced PIDs to make sure they are correct for the E38.

Regards
Paul

Redline Motorsports
February 7th, 2007, 03:21 PM
We'll thats cool at least! :rockon:

69camaro5speed
February 8th, 2007, 11:45 AM
paul i was trying some loging with the e38 useing e40 some things looked ok some not comanded afr was swinging all over and coolant temperature was off from the gauge in the dash just couple things i seen. i only got to try it for 5 mins probly things you knew

ringram
February 8th, 2007, 09:16 PM
40fps is going to be excellent.
Does that mean we can log more pids at 10fps than with previous pcm's?

Blacky
February 9th, 2007, 12:19 AM
40fps is going to be excellent.
Does that mean we can log more pids at 10fps than with previous pcm's?

Not sure yet - I'll let you know when the E38 Scan Tool development project is complete.
Paul

ringram
February 9th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I meant when the E38 support was released.
Cool. Data overload.

carneb
February 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Will you also have support for the 6L80 TCM when E38 support is released ?

eboggs_jkvl
March 5th, 2007, 11:18 AM
http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/toetap.gif

Elmer

mikesp1
March 14th, 2007, 06:35 AM
any updates

ringram
March 17th, 2007, 09:28 PM
My understanding is that we "may" see a beta release before the end of the month for E38.
I posted a question on the 6l80e support... which is still unanswered. I know Ross is already looking into it. But there were some "my head hurts" comments associated with the trans controller.

eboggs_jkvl
March 18th, 2007, 02:32 AM
"My head hurts" is not a good sign. Maybe we should all chip in and send a LARGE bottle of Excedrin and a gallon of "shine" to the team to help them with their efforts?

Elmer

eboggs_jkvl
April 19th, 2007, 11:56 AM
One month since the last post. Any update?

RMCorvette
May 3rd, 2007, 01:23 AM
Has there been any progress with the tuning function on E38 PCMs?
:nixweiss:

Any information, even a guess will be helpful as I can give my customers something. I have already lost one to another shop because I could not give them an update.

Help us out on this if you can. I think we all understand the concept of under promise and over deliver, but we need a little help here.

Thanks,

Alex
:help2:

Blacky
May 3rd, 2007, 08:23 AM
*Very* briefly:

Last week a concerted development effort saw the following controllers' bootloaders completed: E38, E67, T43 and Allison 6 spd. They are being field tested starting this weekend.

We expect that to take a 3-5 days, assuming no major problems are discovered during the field tests. Meanwhile we are cleaning up the calibration definitions: making sure the spelling, labels, units etc are correct. Once we have that done we will post up a pre-release version that supports the above controllers.

Regards
Paul

VYSSLS1
May 4th, 2007, 03:29 AM
thats great news paul, cant wait.

eboggs_jkvl
May 21st, 2007, 04:41 AM
http://www.ls2.com/forums/images/smilies/bump.gif

Blacky
May 21st, 2007, 07:52 AM
We feel the pressure - we're getting it done as fast as we can without making any stupid mistakes. :Eyecrazy:

Paul

69camaro5speed
May 21st, 2007, 09:06 AM
i know the feeling guys can only do so much in 24 hr days sure it will be right when your done

eboggs_jkvl
May 21st, 2007, 10:28 AM
We feel the pressure - we're getting it done as fast as we can without making any stupid mistakes. :Eyecrazy:

Paul

Oh hell, hire me! I'll do the stupid mistakes and you can ignore everything I do! That'll make it easier on you guys! :D

leres
May 21st, 2007, 12:27 PM
I know some of you guys are foaming at the mouth but I can't believe how well I've timed this. I bought a Ron Fellows Z06 last week:

http://xse.com/leres/z06/images/11May07a-tn.JPG (http://xse.com/leres/z06/images/11May07a-sm.html)
and I won't have to buy a skip shift kit because the new version of the software will be done before I hit my (self imposed) 1000 mile break-in.

BTW, are you guys still looking for stock C6/LS7 tunes 'cause I have one. (It was kinda weird when I made it, it zero'ed the mileage computer giving me a range of 999 miles...)

joecar
May 21st, 2007, 12:33 PM
Craig, nice car. :cheers:

ringram
May 22nd, 2007, 06:50 AM
It looks a bit slow. I think it needs some mods and a tune :)

joecar
May 22nd, 2007, 07:22 AM
:) Everything needs mods and a tune... :cheers: