PDA

View Full Version : Reverse lockout T56

JuhaniLS1
March 20th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Where can reverse lockout be adjusted in -99 Camaro T56, like to raise solenoid release speed as now it practically needs to be stoped before. Reverse is syncronized so it easilly tolerates shifting in 10-15khp. Turning CARS/GAGS off has no efect?

ChipsByAl
March 20th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I don't believe that parameter is something EFI live allows you to edit. It should be in the *.tun file but one of those areas we cannot access yet. You could wire it in directly (with the clutch pedal) as a street rod would need to be, just be warned that you can expedite the reverse syncho wear and demise.
Al

GMPX
March 20th, 2007, 03:28 PM
The CAGS enable / disable does have the wrong decsription, that only enables / disables the ECM checking the circuit. If you raise B3315 to say 200°C then the skip shift should never operate.

Cheers,
Ross

eboggs_jkvl
March 21st, 2007, 01:34 AM
Dare I ask?

Why would one want to allow shifting into reverse when traveling forward at 15 or even 5 MPH? It seems to me to be a "Keep the tranny in one piece" function that would save wear and tear on the tranny and keep Euros in your wallet.

Elmer

JuhaniLS1
March 21st, 2007, 03:30 AM
AAh yeah dont really want to shift to R in speed and dont want to delete solenoid, just raise release speed a bit as now because of hysteresis etc. you really have to wait a bit , its not really a problem, just to make it bit more perfect. Even with syncro it will make some wear if you shift R when really mowing forward.
In BMWs they have similar system and its adjusted right on spot from factory.

GMPX
March 21st, 2007, 09:51 AM
I should read the post correctly before responding, I just saw C.A.G.S!
I'll look in to the Reverse lockout issue.

Cheers,
Ross

Edit - .cal files have been updated with Rev Lockout enable / disable speeds.

traumadog
December 6th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Bump for an old thread...

I've got the reverse issue on my '04 GTO/M6:

My reverse lockout won't ENGAGE until I'm around 42-44 MPH, which means that if I'm cruising around town, I find the reverse gate easily.

Oddly enough, once engaged, it will stay engaged until I stop again.

Looking at my stock file, I don't see where I can adjust the lockout - is this under a separate OS? I'm on 12587604.calz / 92209783

And simple answers are preferable - I'm a newbie at tuning... and I also suppose this post belongs more in the Gen III forum, rather than the Gen IV.