PDA

View Full Version : E38 PCM Pinouts

vxchev8
February 20th, 2008, 10:07 PM
Hello

I'm after a copy of pinouts for the E38 PCM. If anybody has a copy could you please post it up http://www.ls1-australia.com/forum/images/smilies/beg.gif.
I have searched high and low on the net without success.

Cheers

Les

ntae
February 21st, 2008, 09:31 AM
Have done the same thing few months back & no luck

eboggs_jkvl
February 21st, 2008, 09:58 AM
I think you just needed to be looking in the correct location. Try here:

http://www.ls2.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=6553040#post6553040

Elmer

ntae
February 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks

eboggs_jkvl
February 21st, 2008, 10:12 AM
Sure thing. The E38 pinouts are listed as 2007 Vette E38 01-06. The Other pinouts are for the 2005 GTO (LS2)

vxchev8
February 22nd, 2008, 12:19 AM
Thank you :master: eboggs_jkvl :cheers:

04colyZQ8
February 23rd, 2009, 07:37 PM
I am looking for E40 PCM pin outs for the Trailblazer 5.3 or 6.0 I especially need the pin outs for requested torque and delivered torque to the ABS module. I need this info to see how to wire a 2004 Colorado harness to it thanks!

gmh308
February 23rd, 2009, 07:50 PM
A very good source:

www.repairprocedures.com

Most/all models covered.

:cheers:

04colyZQ8
February 25th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks! That is an awesome website! Do you know if you can change the pinonts in the programming? I think the Colorado uses the same plug but the order of the pinouts are different? Thanks

gmh308
February 25th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks! That is an awesome website! Do you know if you can change the pinonts in the programming? I think the Colorado uses the same plug but the order of the pinouts are different? Thanks

You're welcome. Pinouts are generally based on the specific calibrations.

What engine in '04 Colorado? Dont think E40 arrived until about 05.

Also, without checking for sure, I'm vaguely recalling that torque messages are delivered to ABS via the CAN on E40.

04colyZQ8
February 26th, 2009, 01:36 PM
you are right the the Colorado uses the A12 (I think) computer for the Atlas series engines 2.8, 2.9, 3.5, 3.7, 4.2. I believe that the plug design (not pin locations) are the same from the A12 to the E40 ie; 56 way blue, 73 way black and 56 way grey, can anyone confirm that? gmh308 you sure seem to know your stuff any ideas? Also the PCMs look physically the same from the out side, so I am hoping I can use my factory PCM bracket to mount it to the fire wall. You are right about the E40 it does use the CAN bus to comunicate with the ABs etc, except the 2006 trailblazer and SSR they use the old style torque signals.

So here is what I wan to do and I hope it will work? I want to get a PCM from a 2006 Trailblazer, and program it with the SSR manul trans tables, link it to my body module (so my gauges function) and wire everything up properly!

can I use the E40 to control a LS1 with older style knock sensor and injectors coils etc, by just swapping in the new knock sensors, and throttle body, and use the LS1 fuel, and ignition tables?

gmh308
February 27th, 2009, 08:15 AM
you are right the the Colorado uses the A12 (I think) computer for the Atlas series engines 2.8, 2.9, 3.5, 3.7, 4.2. I believe that the plug design (not pin locations) are the same from the A12 to the E40 ie; 56 way blue, 73 way black and 56 way grey, can anyone confirm that? gmh308 you sure seem to know your stuff any ideas? Also the PCMs look physically the same from the out side, so I am hoping I can use my factory PCM bracket to mount it to the fire wall. You are right about the E40 it does use the CAN bus to comunicate with the ABs etc, except the 2006 trailblazer and SSR they use the old style torque signals.

So here is what I wan to do and I hope it will work? I want to get a PCM from a 2006 Trailblazer, and program it with the SSR manul trans tables, link it to my body module (so my gauges function) and wire everything up properly!

can I use the E40 to control a LS1 with older style knock sensor and injectors coils etc, by just swapping in the new knock sensors, and throttle body, and use the LS1 fuel, and ignition tables?

What are you doing for throttle on the LS1? E40 runs ETC, so are you using an LS2 throttle body for example? if I recall correctly, knock sensors are a different type, so whether they can be retuned = ?, also the ign coils have different charge characteristics........

ScarabEpic22
February 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Yep the P12 was used 04-07 on the I4/I5s and 06-07 on the I6. E67s took over in 08+. You're gonna need to rewire your P12 harness for an E40 ECM man, have to get trans control in there somehow (you'll need a T42 regardless of manual/auto).

04colyZQ8
February 27th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I haven't bought an engine yet, the Trailblazer or GTO engine is ideally want I want.. but they go for crazy money! I can get a deal on a low millage Iron block 5.3, but they are based of of the old style 80 pin ECM. I was hoping that I could use the E40 (I think it will integrate better). If I go that route, then I would get a LS2 throttle body from an 06 trailblazer, and LS2 knock sensors, mounted to the side of the block (by either drilling and tapping a whole or, using the extra hole for the motor mount method). I know the coils are different as well as the injectors... but they would be very expensive to purchase all knew LS2 ones! I wish that there would be a way to somehow program the E40 to use the LS1 fuel and spark settings?

I will see if I can get a wiring diagram of a E40 with an manual transmission setup.. I was under the impression that I wouldn't need the T42, the only thing to control on the T56 is skip shift isn't it? I would have that the E40 could take care of that much! Thanks again guys for all your help.. you guys sure know your stuff!

gmh308
February 27th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I will see if I can get a wiring diagram of a E40 with an manual transmission setup.. I was under the impression that I wouldn't need the T42, the only thing to control on the T56 is skip shift isn't it? I would have that the E40 could take care of that much! Thanks again guys for all your help.. you guys sure know your stuff!

Shouldn't need a T42 for a stick. It would be sleeping.....:grin:

Enjoy your weekend! :)

04colyZQ8
March 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks, I'm glad I don't need the T42. I was wondering if I the newer PCM was compatible with my truck the wiring is very similar to the E40 PCM witch I know is compatible. Do the 2007 and newer trucks use the E67 PCM? Would I be able to relink it to my BCM from the 04 Colorado I believe my truck has the CAN Protocol. I do need the torque signals from the PCM to the ABS module, and the wiring diagram for the newer motors shoes them.. interesting!?