Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1999 LQ4 - Suggestions

We got the truck all back together (had an oil pressure issue that turned out to be a bad O-ring on the oil pickup) and I flashed in a 2002 LQ4 OS from holdencrazy. Changed the Vehicle platform options to remove the "F" terminal and disabled the associated DTC's, as well as fix the tire size (was calibrated for stock 245's but has 285's) and the truck is running like a champ. Seems to run better than with the original tune. Now I just need to look into safely adding some power... I don't want to blow his motor up .

I'm glad that you've got the truck running again and all seems well. Do you have a wide band oxygen sensor that will interface with EFILive? I have some suggestions on setting up your tune that I'll be glad to share with you.

Steve

Post up the current tune Cougar....
    2008 2WD Ext.Cab Silverado 1500 6.0 V-MAX E38(L76) & T42(4L70E) MAF Only CL Corvette Servo AFE CAI INNOVATIVE LM-2 WBO2

FLASHSCAN V2 & AUTOCAL

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEOVER View Post
    Post up the current tune Cougar....
    Here are the original (Jon Stock.tun) and current (2002 Chev......)

And no, I don't have a WBO2 . I do need to get one for my car eventually so MAYBE I can learn how to tune it...

Not looking to do anything crazy with it. Primatily some "refinement". The end goal is to drop a Duramax/Allison in the truck, but until then...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cougar281; March 28th, 2010 at 04:26 PM.

Since you don't have a WB, you could work some on your VE Table and try to verify the accuracy of the MAF at Stoic, but I don't think that it's worth your time right now. After all, your running the stock cam and heads and in closed loop most of the time, so I wouldn't worry about tweaking the VE & MAF. What I would do is set the PE Time Delay from 60 seconds to 0 seconds. Then, I'd set up the Power Modifier Based on RPM {B3618} to an EQ of about 1.14 (theoretically a little less than 13.0:1 AFR), but you can't check it without a wideband. Right now, it's set up for pig rich in the upper RPM range.

Then I'd bump up the high octane spark table about 3 degrees across the board and see what happens regarding knock retard. One important point on timing is to not over do it and verify under towing loads (light, medium and heavy throttle). When the truck isn't towing, you can zip right through an RPM range that you might get a lot of KR when towing a heavy load. This is a big difference from a car or a truck that's never used for towing (especially heavy loads). Also, if like me, you always run 87 Octane, you can't bump up the timing a lot.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fuel_Mixture  Parameters.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	7.2 KB 
ID:	7475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	{B3618} PE Modifier Based on RPM.png 
Views:	238 
Size:	3.3 KB 
ID:	7476  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123