Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 98 s-10 os file

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member

Ive got some info. On the crank wheel there are 7 slots, each spaced 60 degrees apart and the 7th slot is spaced 10 degrees from one slot to serve as a syncronizing mark for TDC. Im looking for cam wheel info. But not looking good to work.

Lifetime Member

So you have a 7x crank reluctor? The 02-05 4.2L I6 motors do as well, but dont use their PCM as its basically a 4cyl PCM modded to run 6 cylinders and exhaust cam VVT. Id recommend using an 04-06 P12 PCM, run a Colorado I4 OS. At least then you can manipulate the tuning easier than with a 4cyl PCM. You have to use a V2 to tune them however.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    So you have a 7x crank reluctor? The 02-05 4.2L I6 motors do as well, but dont use their PCM as its basically a 4cyl PCM modded to run 6 cylinders and exhaust cam VVT. Id recommend using an 04-06 P12 PCM, run a Colorado I4 OS. At least then you can manipulate the tuning easier than with a 4cyl PCM. You have to use a V2 to tune them however.
    What about the cobalt supercharged pcm 05-07? Anyone know what reluctor wheel setup they have? Ive looked for about a half hour and cant find that info.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Scarab,

Do you happen to have copy of a P12 tune? I opened up a copy of my '99 2.2L tune and realized that it also appears to not be too boost friendly from the fueling side of things. The fuel maps are load vs. RPM and not kPa vs. RPM (think this is the similar downfall of the P10 PCM's). Hopefully, the P12's use MAP.

Lifetime Member

Hi turbo bu , yes I have thought of doing the 2 bar setup a few times. Ive looked at different threads on some other forums and it seems like I could never really tell if it worked well for the guys that tried it. seems like people start the threads and never report back how they made out. So for instance on this setup 100 kpa would now be 50 kpa 80 to 40 etc.?Would the driveability suffer a bit with the tables split? So you have seen this work pretty well? I really would rather stay with the stock pcm so I dont have to rewire and all that. Im going to search a little more for a few decent threads that talk about it a little more. Thanks
    Last edited by slows10; May 7th, 2010 at 05:16 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    Hi turbo bu , yes I have thought of doing the 2 bar setup a few times. Ive looked at different threads on some other forums and it seems like I could never really tell if it worked well for the guys that tried it. seems like people start the threads and never report back how they made out. So for instance on this setup 100 kpa would now be 50 kpa 80 to 40 etc.?Would the driveability suffer a bit with the tables split? So you have seen this work pretty well? I really would rather stay with the stock pcm so I dont have to rewire and all that. Im going to search a little more for a few decent threads that talk about it a little more. Thanks
    Yes, what you have said is what happens. All the MAP based tables basically get cut in half. You do give up some resolution, but what you gain back is the ability to control fuel and spark in the boosted section of your operating range. For setups that are not fully supported (like LT1's and your S10), this is a viable option which works. If your still interested, I can give you some of the basics.

Lifetime Member

And also scarabepic your saying that the 04-06 p12pcm and the colorado I4 os would have better tables and more tuning parameters than my lame ecm has? If it does than maybe try the 2 bar map hack on that pcm. Might work out good. thanks P.S maybe start a new thread or is this one ok ?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by slows10 View Post
    And also scarabepic your saying that the 04-06 p12pcm and the colorado I4 os would have better tables and more tuning parameters than my lame ecm has? If it does than maybe try the 2 bar map hack on that pcm. Might work out good. thanks P.S maybe start a new thread or is this one ok ?
    Yes thats exactly what Im saying. I assume the firing order is the same, only thing would be the VVT stuff (Colorado I4 has it, dont think you do).

Unfortunately the P12 doesnt have a ton of available params, only the basics to get a mild tune done. You could probably 2Bar it and have a little better control simply because its a newer PCM with more resolution in each spark table.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Where can I go besides paying at alldata to find wiring pinouts on a couple of different year s10 trucks? Is there a general website or something that has this info? thanks, Keith

Lifetime Member

Man, I wish I was back at home, but the next time I take leave will be around the end of year holidays. I have all the GM diagrams for up to 2007, but you could ask on s10planet. Make sure you note that King_Ice_Flash sent you, and be sure to send some pics.
    2003 Chevy S10 4.3L LU3 LS1B Auto
    48 LB injectors
    Race Proven Motors 2114 intake
    T70 turbo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast