Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: using 14.047 for desired AFR and not 14.63?

Perhaps I was unclear. Yes, I do indeed populate the stoich point scalar/table. ("B3601" as you guys are calling it, I'm still used to generic table names instead of the EFILive specific alpha-numerics. GM has a COMPLETELY different naming structure in the source code)

The one and only time I use actual AFR numbers is at the very beginning of the calibration process. I ask the owner "What fuel is in the tank?" and use his answer to start with a reasonable value for B3601 (see, I'm catching on to your naming system). If he says "I use Sunoco 94 all the time" I know that it's e10 and use a value of 14.13 for B3601. From there on out, it's lambda and EQR for datalogging and table values in the open loop/PE fuel demands.

As an added bonus for the DVD buyers, I included a text file with the stoich points for a bunch of common race fuels as well. The process for tuning C16 is not any different than e10, it just centers around a different stoich point (B3601).
    ~Greg
    Calibrated Success - EFI Training and Tuning Done Right
    GM Beginner's Guide DVD available now through Summit!
    Engine Management: Advanced Tuning - Amazon's best deal for the EFI crowd.

I have a cart to shed some light on E to Gas Ratio.

I need to get back to it and finish up some additional pages

Ethanol vs Gas Stoich.xls

Nice spreadsheet.
    I'd like to know how I can find out exactly what is in my tank without adding
    another sensor.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Default Thanks!!

Thanks for looking into that and giving us the value that you use for E10.
    The Gas issue mr.prick brought up is one I have been trying to get a grip on for a few months now. I was at one gas station and the truck filling the tanks next door came over to the station were we were at and said he was putting the same gas in the premium tank as he put in the tanks across the street. I hope the tanks across the street was premium also, but they were different brand stations but the same gas. How do we know? Sometimes I watch the low octane spark tables when logging to see what table I am on and that sometimes lets me know I dont have the best gas.
    Appreciated,
    98 tigershark

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Perhaps I was unclear. Yes, I do indeed populate the stoich point scalar/table. ("B3601" as you guys are calling it, I'm still used to generic table names instead of the EFILive specific alpha-numerics. GM has a COMPLETELY different naming structure in the source code)

The one and only time I use actual AFR numbers is at the very beginning of the calibration process. I ask the owner "What fuel is in the tank?" and use his answer to start with a reasonable value for B3601 (see, I'm catching on to your naming system). If he says "I use Sunoco 94 all the time" I know that it's e10 and use a value of 14.13 for B3601. From there on out, it's lambda and EQR for datalogging and table values in the open loop/PE fuel demands.

As an added bonus for the DVD buyers, I included a text file with the stoich points for a bunch of common race fuels as well. The process for tuning C16 is not any different than e10, it just centers around a different stoich point (B3601).
    98 tigershark
    L92/427 w/L76 CC'ed heads n upgraded springs
    4.100 stroke, 4.068 bore w/ 11:1 comp
    Cam, 591 int, 613exhst, 232-246dur@.050, 115*
    LG headers, High flow cats,
    RPM level 5 trans, RPM 3.42 gears, 2800 rpm trq convrt. .
    Special Thanx to Joe and Bruce!

Default Thank for the Spread sheet. Does this mean.....?

In reading the spread sheet it made me wonder what E85 would do to the fuel supply system )i.e. The fuel pump and injectors. It would seem that you almost need twice the volume of E85 as compare to Gasoline. Does this mean that if you have a modified 346 and switch to E85 that the stock fuel pump and Injector duty cycles most likely will not be able to support the built motor let alone the stock one. If this is correct what fuel pump and injectors would support a 625 hp LS3? In my case I think that even E10 gives me a problem?
    Thank in advance,
    98 tigershark
    98 tigershark

Quote Originally Posted by CalEditor View Post
    I have a cart to shed some light on E to Gas Ratio.

I need to get back to it and finish up some additional pages

Ethanol vs Gas Stoich.xls
    Interesting reading all round guys.

Thanks for the spreadsheet AJ
    Howard

YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T
    MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
    DUCT TAPE.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.

98 K1500 'HOLDEN' Suburban.
    Custom Whipple SC, Mercruiser Marine intake, 0411 PCM, 4L80E w/shift kit

Looks like I maybe safe.
    Conventional gasoline is used everywhere in Arizona except Metropolitan Tucson during the winter (October through March) and in Maricopa County (year-round).
    Arizona Motor Fuel Supply & Distribution
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Nice spreadsheet.
    I'd like to know how I can find out exactly what is in my tank without adding
    another sensor.
    You could figure out off of the O2 sensors, but I am under the impression that is a ton of work. I think Mopars do it that way.

This does not come with a Sensor

Ethanol Content Analyzer

Kost Moore Tools has a Fuel Composition Tester (J 44175) I use this tool to check fuel samples.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-Ke...241610003r9255

It appears that (E) is going to be pushed with the new admin. Minnesota may have tried to pass an E20 bill for conventional cars. Other states are looking at E30 to E50.

Issues lets say up to E10.
    1. The fuel attacks some Rubber. (get the old carb car off the road and the current admin is happy)
    2. The fuel can attack some Metals. Some metals are damaged by the H2O that is carried in the fuel. Water buildup in he bottom of the tank.
    3. The fuel can attack some Plastics. Carb parts, fuel tanks, fuel lines.
    4. Vapors.

What would E10 be put into?
    1. Lawn and garden equipment - Chain saws, Mowers, Weed whackers, 2 stroke and 4 stroke
    2. Recreational Vehicles - ATVs, Snowmobiles, Personal water crafts, Boats, Off road vehicles, golf carts
    3. Transportation Vehicles - Motorcycles, Mopeds, Cars, trucks, Motorized rickshaws
    4. Construction and Farm Equipment - Generators, Power Saws, Tractors, augers
    5. Anything that runs on gas

The Vapor thing.
    1. The guy is out on his Snowmobile on a 10° day. All is good
    2. The landscaper is out whacking weeds in a 110° Hot & Humid day. Breathing in the Volatile E10. After a day at work he doesn't feel so well
    3. Increase to E30 and the guy get and OWI driving home
    4. For the most part everything but cars and some truck don't use EVAP system.
    5. The government has been pushing to contain the vapors that are escaping from your lawn mower and petro burning devices.
    6. Now they will cost more. Added emissions devices.

PCM Recalibrations
    1. Ignition System - Different Spark Curve (3D of course)
    2. Fuel System - Different injectors and different fuel strategy
    3. Intake System - They will need to be larger and smoother for increased flow and deposits
    4. EVAP Systems - The stored vapors will be greater and that will have an effect on the fuel strategy.
    5. Engine - Higher Compression, Cam Profile, New materials for the valve and Valve seats.

Default And the Cardinals won the Super Bowl!!

Helloo mr.prick,

You are lucky. By the way the Cardinals got ripped by the refs and should be the champs. Deny Green was very smart to pick up Kurt Warner ( a truly great QB and maybe the greatest story in the history of the NFL) as quoted by Deny Green. They played in Seattle in Seattle and beat the Seahawks and the Rams bus was in a very odd place and Kurt came out and signed every kids autograph (around 1,000) and made a special point to give me and my kids one, he noticed I was pretty ill at the time and came all the way over to us and gave us all his autograph and talked with my Kids. Marshall Faulk and all the other Hotshots would not even sign one autograph for a single kid and went straight to the Buss. I am a very big Cardinal fan.
    Even the Seahawks old coach said the refs were worse in favor of the Steelers than all the weird calls made against them. I like the Steelers, really, as that is what they have done twice, steel the Super bowl. At least they live up to their name and are proud of that. Oh I forgot that I am willing to trade one of the hats for your RR pcm?
    Signed,
    98 tigershark, a Kurt Warner and Cardinal Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    98 tigershark

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast