Thread: Help help

Default Help help

Ok so i just got efi live V1 and i hooked it up read my stock tune and all.

so i disabled egr since ive been throwing a code for it in my tune, saved it and went to reflash it and licenced my vin and all.

during the reflash it said Callibration may not be valid.
    efi live can continue to read the calibration or reflash new one.

I hit ok and it continued the reflash and then it sayed reflash failed.
    turn key off and wait for countdown for pcm to return to normal state.

I did that. Went to crank truck and it spins over but no cranking, fuel pump is not runing either.

WTF happend and how do i fix it! Im stuck with no vehicle now!

Here is my tune i read from my truck and just changed EGR to disabled and tried to reflash and then it failed.

After reading about tuning for 6 months i finally got my software and i felt confident enough to simply disable egr and now im stuck with a non running truck.

Hope yall can help!

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi BR, welcome to the forum

What build version of the tunetool do you have...? (do Help->About to see the build version).

I notified Tech Support.

V7.5.6 (build 117)

ALRIGHT....after talking to a tuning god Justin from Blackbear performance he suggested pulling my radio fuse and try reflashing...........it worked.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

We're you attempting a full flash or a calibration only flash?

If you were doing a calibration only flash then PCM should be easily recoverable if your PCM is still alive, just flash back in your old tune. You'll get another warning about the PCM not containing a valid calibration (because right now it probably doesn't) but click OK to that and the calibration should get flashed back in.

You can tell if your PCM is still alive, by connecting FlashScan to it and watching the OBD orange LED. If it is flashing about 4 times per second then your PCM is in its factory default state waiting for a valid calibration to be flashed into it. We call that state "dead-poll". That means the PCM is brain-dead, but it is still capable of polling the OBDII port, requesting FlashScan to send it a new calibration.

If you were doing a full-flash and the reflash process got more than 10 seconds into the relash process then you should be able to recover. That same thing applies about the OBD LED flashing.
    If the OBD LED is not flashing the PCM may be completely dead. Are you able to connect to it using the Scan Tool?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Make a sticky , "Warning , with after market accessories , removal of fuse/s may be necessary . When in doubt remove fuse ."
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .