Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3000 RPM max and setting codes 03 Z06 with Magnuson at 150kPa

Default 3000 RPM max and setting codes 03 Z06 with Magnuson at 150kPa

I have some of this posted attached to a thread I started for SD Tune on the General Section. Hopefully I am not being a pain by posting here as well. I am thinking maybe some viewers in this section with similar experience.

I am tuning an 03 Z06 with a Magnuson that is overdriven to provide 10-12 lbs boost. The compression has been dropped a bit with 8cc dish pistons, a Comp blower cam has been installed, 2 Bar Map has been installed and scaled plus 60lb injectors have been installed and calibrated with injector.xls found elsewhere on this forum. I have installed CO3 and have done 1 pass at Steady State SD Tune at 85kPa and under. I went to do a sweep on my Dyno Dynamics and the motor will not rev past 3000RPM. It set codes P1514, C1221, C1222, C1248 and C1278. Also it set P0103 but I am having this set so I know that the MAF is off.

By maxing the top of C6101 I managed to have P1514 and C1278 not set but it still will not rev past 3000 as per the attached scan and tune files.

I did a test doing a sweep run while keep partial throttle to see if it was upper "power" level throwing the codes and it will successfully do a sweep as long as it is partial throttle at or just over atmospheric. As soon as you get some boost into it it throughs the codes and pulls the RPM back. It is hard to tell where the boost level is that causes this.

Next I scaled the VE Table, Boost VE Table and Injector Table by -20%. This allowed the engine to now RPM to 3800RPM.

What am I missing? I am hesitant to scale the VE and Injector tables further.

Thanks

My apologies for being redundant here and a being pain in the tail.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Did you notice your ign timing at full throttle? This is my first time reading a log. what does that timing do at wfo?

The ignition timing is at a safe value.

The car is actually turning the ABS on. It is applying full brakes. I dropped VE and Injector Tables by another 20points and did another test. This time I did it with steady state using speed control so I could watch the MAP. As soon as it hits 150kPa it turns ABS on and sets the brakes. Once the dyno coasts to a stop (yes this seems strange if the brakes are setting) if you pull the clutch out and try to roll the tires it is just like the park brake is set. Clear the codes and ABS turns off (says ABS Active on the dash) and the car will accelerate and RPM to 200kPa as long as you don't go to 150kPa boost.

I am perplexed.

Lifetime Member

Its safe allright, lol. Doesnt it look like it went below 0 degrees. The engine will never rev with ign retard that bad. I could be wrong.

Lifetime Member

You probably should not run untill you fix the abs. I guess you are probably puttin quite a load on the engine and maybe thats why the timing is being pulled back.

I put a bit of timing in it thinking that was part of it and to ensure to much heat wasn't being created.

The ABS has me stumped.

It is not unusual to get an ABS warning light on the dyno, the brake thing has me stumped though. Have you tried pulling the ABS fuse? When logging airflow in G/SEC is it hitting the PCM's limit?
    The Tremor at AIR

Hi 5.7ute

Airflow is logged. I do not believe it is going above the limit, the max it sees is 2.11.

I didn't pull the fuse but I did unhook the ABS module and it set codes P1571 and U1040. The car still hits a wall at ~150kPa and won't RPM past 3000RPM.

Airflow is only hitting 411 G/SEC so that limit isn't being hit in the posted log.(P1514 isnt setting either which is good) I would have to be a broken record here & say get some fuel out of it under boost & add some timing. Once you get her boosting correctly though I think some more scaling may be necessary.
    Check your plug gaps too.
    The Tremor at AIR

Thanks.

It totally makes sense that I am in left field on the timing and fuel. What I am struggling with is why the brakes come on and the codes get set.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast