{G1210} VATS Type Type 2
    {G1211} Remote Start Allowed Yes
    {G1214} Relearn Count 3.000000 Counts
    {G1215} Relearn Timer 600.000000 Seconds
    {G1216} Theft Relearn Password Yes

{G1213} Clutch Depress To Crank Yes
    {G1217} Maximum Cranking Time 15.000000 Seconds
    {G1219} Starter Relay Diagnostic Disabled

OS VATS Patch applied. (no other OS patches applied, i.e. no TCS/MAF patches, no FAN range patch.)

And the G1220 set to "not used".

I had to double check the VATS type. In resetting your VATS options from a stock 12614088 file, even though VATS = 2 with that file, and yours was VATS 2, copying them over set VATS type to 1. No idea why that happens. This bug was repeatable so I manually set type to 2.

If your tune wont start with the above settings the issue is probably outside the ECM. Your ECM looks to be an 06/07 unit which has a correctly calibrated ETC for the VIN. Probably has service number 1259721 on the back. (Remote chance it is 12612384 but I doubt it).

Is your throttle moving ok with the pedal?

Are you using a factory alternator setup?
    Last edited by gmh308; September 21st, 2010 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks so much for all the effort.
    Fly by wire pedal. The thing is new and really does not have much play at all. It does have some type of restrictive pin on it.
    Yes factory L92 Alt.

Since this has vats changes I take it I need the full reflash. I do not see the "fat" red arrow as a highlited option once I put in your changes.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 68problemchild View Post
    Thanks so much for all the effort.
    Fly by wire pedal. The thing is new and really does not have much play at all. It does have some type of restrictive pin on it.
    Yes factory L92 Alt.

Since this has vats changes I take it I need the full reflash. I do not see the "fat" red arrow as a highlited option once I put in your changes.
    The only requirement for a full flash is the OS "patches". Everything else is a calibration flash i.e. the VATS area changes in the System area DO NOT require a full flash as they are "calibrations". If the fat red arrow is missing, just close the application and re-open WITH the V2 unit attached. PITA that one!

You can try either with or without the other OS patches being changed back to stock. I doubt they affect things. Not really needed for your project.

Are you running a factory alternator setup? EDIT: Yes. If you find the battery wont charge, PM me.

Thanks. Did a full reflash on the one that has patches. Its the only tune I have.

It has
    traction control maf less 1
    traction control maff less 2
    Disable vats patch
    Cooling fan operation range patch.

I really appreciate all the help. I take it incorrect vats would cause the injectrors not to fire becuase it looks like they are not. Someone asked if they could be on the wrong banks but they only reach one installation way.

I also verified it kept vats 2 in G1210

Lifetime Member

Thanks. Did a full reflash on the one that has patches. Its the only tune I have.

It has
    traction control maf less 1
    traction control maff less 2
    Disable vats patch
    Cooling fan operation range patch.

I really appreciate all the help. I take it incorrect vats would cause the injectrors not to fire becuase it looks like they are not. Someone asked if they could be on the wrong banks but they only reach one installation way.

I also verified it kept vats 2 in G1210
    If it still wont start on you and the tune is as above, then its worth checking all power/fuses and grounds.

Feel free to post the one you flashed in here and will double check it. Would be surprised if your harness has any issues, but there is always a first time. Assuming your engine has good cam and crank sensors. Have seen harnesses with incorrect sensor wiring but these were GMPP harnesses. Quality not great.

If you want to check the ECM whether it is turning the injectors on you will need to check the "Fuel Injector X Control Circuit" PIDs where X is the injector number. If the ECM is fine with VATS these will go from "off" to "on" when cranking.

Thanks. Will check the injectors tomorrow, etc.

I must say, I never cease to be amazed by the willingness of complete strangers to help me out here. Its sad I have been working on this engine and car for a year only to not get it started. Ah well. I don't give up too easy.

Cam is custom.
    Also, not sure if its relevant but this tranny 4L70E has not been used with this motor to my knowledge.

GMH308 your efforts are VERY appreciated here.
    Thanks ALL!
    Current tune
    12614088 Geoff L92 Start Relay Bypass 2 date 8 21 2010.tun

Lifetime Member

Thanks. Will check the injectors tomorrow, etc.

I must say, I never cease to be amazed by the willingness of complete strangers to help me out here. Its sad I have been working on this engine and car for a year only to not get it started. Ah well. I don't give up too easy.

Cam is custom.
    Also, not sure if its relevant but this tranny 4L70E has not been used with this motor to my knowledge.

GMH308 your efforts are VERY appreciated here.
    Thanks ALL!
    Current tune
    You're just lucky we are all nice guys here. And I have a soft spot for Camaros. The bill is in the mail LOL!

Tune looks ok on a quick look.

4L70E may or may not work properly. Tune is for an A6 as you know. It'll probably work, but GM does use a different engine calibration for A4's. Assuming that you had the harness built for A4 and you have a 4L70E trans control module in the picture as well.

Did you check all your fuses?

I checked fuses with an Ohm meter. All are good.

Log shows injectors going from off to on and staying there. In one log, its only 1 bank. I definitely will research correct grounding.

Lifetime Member

This is an L92 right? How is the CP harness connecting to the Cam sensor? Through the VVT/CAM harness on the front cover or has that been removed and you are simply connecting straight into the cam sensor?

GMH308 Thanks man.

Everyone, you have been great.

Redid all the grounds direct to negative on bat and added one to passenger head. Redid an old horn relay + wire, replaced a breaker.

And, the tranny leaks like a sieve from the rad so it cannot run long but.........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41575483@N07/5015827851/

I could not have done it without you all!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast