Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preparation for Cummins EFILive

Default Preparation for Cummins EFILive

What will I need to purchase for efilive? Can/should I do anything to my truck (tune up, replace, mods) now to get ready for efilive? I have an 06 4x4 auto with 106k miles (I bought it w/ 41k) with maintenance, but no repairs of anything to my knowledge. A Diablo Predator has been on it at the 100 hp level when I bought it till right around the 100k mark when I had two limp mode episodes a couple thousand miles apart. Showed codes P2149 and P0205. I have run it stock the last 5k miles with no obvious issues, but suspect injector(s)

Right at the moment it is not possible to purchase a product for the Cummins platform. It is currently in limited access beta. When that beta concludes you will need to purchase the FlashScan V2 product and specifically purchase the Cummins Tuning option (when available). The total cost will be US$798 (US$399 for the FlashScan V2 interface with Scan Only functionality and another US$399 for the Cummins Tuning option).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Can I get a flashscan now or is it a different model than what is used on the duramax? Is there general efilive things to study up on or is it just hands on experiment when you have it plugged in?
    Should I log any data in stock form to help later when tuning?

Scanning for the Cummins is not implemented yet in the generally available software, so really their is no benefit to you if you were to purchase a product now. Shipping is typically a couple of days from order so my advise (as strange as it might seem) is to sit tight and get it as soon as the product is released to the public .
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Ah so will the pricing model be: Buy a FS V2 Scan Only, then add either GM or Cummins package to it?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Absolutely correct. You'll be able to option the Scan Tool product with the additional GM or Cummins Tuning module, or of course both. Because the Scan Tool is a lower value product there should be a saving on import duty as well (not sure how significant).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Gotcha, makes it more affordable for guys tuning gas only cars to not have to spend the extra $$ for Cummins development that they wont use. But Im pretty sure there will be quite a few V2 + Cummins sold once it gets out of beta!
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Gotcha, makes it more affordable for guys tuning gas only cars to not have to spend the extra $$ for Cummins development that they wont use. But Im pretty sure there will be quite a few V2 + Cummins sold once it gets out of beta!
    We sure hope so
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

I dont think EFILive is going to have an issue selling a V2 to tons of Dodge guys...
    ~Erik~

what will the price be for current V2 Commercial Scan & Tune registered user's
    330 rwkw EFILIVE OS 01290005 SD Cam / Head Tuned 6 speed VY SS Commodore
    10/71 Blown 572 Big Block Chev HQ 2 Door Monaro

GM Performance Centre
    Busselton WA
    AUSTRALIA
    Phone: 0447 003050

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast