Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing an AEM Wide Band 02 and logging afr

Default Installing an AEM Wide Band 02 and logging afr

I know the topic has been discussed, I have searched and found a handful of posts on the topic but they were either for v1 or innovate or the tech was over my head or etc. Is there a step by step how to for dummies already made?

Here is what I have:
    Aem Uego 30-4100 gauge and sensor
    I have the gauge powered up from the red and black wires and it is reading afr very nicely on the gauge.
    I do not have the inline controller with the white grey brown wires that Mr prick showed in this thread so i am stumped as to how to get this to work. Do I need an inline controller?

I have a white wire (0-5v analog output) and a blue wire (serial output) coming from the gauge. From the Manual I am shown that I am supposed to wire the blue wire and a ground onto a connector.

What do I do from there?

Hi JM,

Can you post the AEM user manual pdf here.

You have a FlashScan V2, right...?

You bet here it is http://www.schnitzracing.com/manuals/AEMWBK.pdf
    BTW, took a drive yesterday and today (on this parts truck I bought) N/A without a tune...

Look at the bottom of page 6 in the AEM pdf "Serial Output"... that is how you connect the AEM to a PC's serial port...

Instead of Rx pin 2 you need to connect the blue wire to Tx pin 3; and you do need the ground pin 5 connection.

wired to Pin 3 is a requirement for efilive to communicate with the sensor? Pin 2 if you want to use aem's software or the pc?

Going to radio shack tomorrow to get the connector unless I can dig up an RS232 cable here from something I don't need.

If you want to connect the AEM to your PC and used the AEM software, you have to connect pin 2.

If you want to connect the AEM to your V2, you have to connect pin 3.

In both cases, pin 5 has to be connected to V2's serial signal ground (pin 5).

See this thread (which is for the LC-1, but shows the Rx/Tx wire swap [aka Null Modem cable]): serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2

You also have to do this (using either the V2 LCD/keypad/menus or the V8 S&T software):
    - select serial port to be wideband,
    - select the wideband to be AEM (in your case),
    - select to automatically log all the serial/digital pids,
    - select which wideband parameters you want to view on the V2 in real time.

It's hard to believe nobody has made an AEM serial how to yet.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

This can be it or I can make one once I go through all the steps firsthand. It's a really nice gauge, I have used them on my turbo sleds and they work great for afr tuning. My wife works in the IT dept of her company so getting an RJ12 made up should be no problem, prefer that over the old clunky serial if I can make it happen. Otherwise I will just splice into a serial cable and live with it that way.

Speaking of cereal, i'm getting hungry...

So I was able to come up with a cable that has 6 conductors and fits the port, it was called rj11/rj14/rj25 on the box from radio shack (which by the way is nothing like it used to be, just a bunch of cell phones and ipods now but at least they are still in business). The ones labeled rj11/rj14 had only 4 conductors and there were also of course cat5 style ethernet cables there which will not work.
    TAQuickness sells the cable ready to go for this project but my impatience is making me try to build one myself. If i can't get this to work I will gladly purchase one from his website here: http://www.taquickness.com/taqcables.htm Had I known sooner I would need this I would have just ordered it from him, the cost difference will be negligible or a loss once time and gas are factored in!

So I am going to try to get this thing up and running and I will report back when i hit a speed bump. Thanks again for the help.
    Last edited by johnmaster; June 22nd, 2011 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast