Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Release Candidate 8, Jan 06, 2012

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ecc_33 View Post
    Oh damn. That sucks lol. Alittle to late for that
    Looks like you're uninstalling everything and reinstalling the latest software from this thread then...sorry man but if you dont you will have weird problems and it will frustrate the heck out of you.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

And what I mean by Format Config Files is to Format Config in V8 and select CMB849 (for example if you want to flash with just the V2 without the laptop) and program all files slower.
    Thanks. I think I've got it.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Ok, I'm having a little issue with my customers getting their autocals and it not working on the truck. I load the tunes using this release and firmware ect..and it just will not flash the truck. My scripts are from a previous release...do i need to rewrite the tunes?

Thanks,
    Kory
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Lifetime Member AFTERMATH DIESEL's Avatar

Kory I had the same issue a few weeks ago, I Just rewrote the tunes so far so good. I since then have not used a script so I cant confirm or deny that was for sure the issue. Im pretty sure but its been crazy around here. Ill look back through my notes and see if I can refresh my memory.
    Aftermath Diesel Service
    888-494-0019
    Chris Klenke
    Cummins beta tester/EfiLive authorized reseller
    2007 5.3L Suburban and a 2015 Ram 2500 that's stuck on a train

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    You're right. My mistake. DECEMBER 12th.

And what I mean by Format Config Files is to Format Config in V8 and select CMB849 (for example if you want to flash with just the V2 without the laptop) and program all files slower.
    I see where to Format Data of the internal memory of the V2, but I'm not sure where to select CMB849 to load to the newly formatted space.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by flat_lander View Post
    I see where to Format Data of the internal memory of the V2, but I'm not sure where to select CMB849 to load to the newly formatted space.
    They are not perfect, but the Autocal instructions here may help. The same procedure is used to set up a V2 as an Autocal, so just ignore the fact that it talks about an Autocal.

Ira

Has any one had issues with serial WB data with this RC?

I upgraded last Friday and now can't display the serial WB data in Scantool. I know the PID's are selected ( it automatically selects all serial data PID's ) and the config is correct for my WB ( Techedge 2.0 ). Yes, I formatted the config filesystem after the firmware upgrade and everything else seems to be working OK. I have valid data for both EQ and Lambda, just nothing coming up for AFR. The live display on the V2 also has no AFR data, but it does show valid EQ ratio data.

Any idea's on this one ?

Simon.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Has any one had issues with serial WB data with this RC?

I upgraded last Friday and now can't display the serial WB data in Scantool. I know the PID's are selected ( it automatically selects all serial data PID's ) and the config is correct for my WB ( Techedge 2.0 ). Yes, I formatted the config filesystem after the firmware upgrade and everything else seems to be working OK. I have valid data for both EQ and Lambda, just nothing coming up for AFR. The live display on the V2 also has no AFR data, but it does show valid EQ ratio data.

Any idea's on this one ?

Simon.
    After your post, I ran some tests with our test harness and it looks like the two Tech Edge WO2 settings are not working properly in FlashScan.
    Investigating now...

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Paul, I've made a Calc PID to generate AFR from Lambda, so it's not a huge issue ATM ( providing the data is accurate, which it seems to be ).

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Actually I've just figured out it was the test harness that was wrong. I've corrected the test harness and the FlashScan firmware is working properly and showing AFR correctly.

If you've got time, can you connect up the Tech Edge and display the Wo2 data on FlashScan's screen. Let it display for 5-10 seconds, then save a trace file and send me the trace file?
    That way I can see exactly what if any, serial data is coming from the Tech Edge.
    Also let me know what you expected to see on the FlashScan screen (i.e. what AFR/Lambda) and what you actually saw on the screen.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast