Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Public release, March 29, 2012

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jstewy21 View Post
    I am having issues with my V2 updating the Boot Block and Firmware. Says Flashscan is unresponsive?
    Included in the latest V8 software installation is a recovery option that should hopefully help you recover your FlashScan from that state.
    Its in the folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery (on Win64 bit systems)
    or
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery (on Win32 bit systems)

Please read through the file called ReadMe.txt

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

My flashscan will not flash with 7.5 but it will with v8??? I get an error message Ill have to take a screen shot. Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
    My flashscan will not flash with 7.5 but it will with v8??? I get an error message Ill have to take a screen shot. Any ideas??
    No ideas, until you can provide a little more information
    Regards
    Paul

Here is the error message I get. Basically it gets all the way to the point of starting the flash and says flash failed. I power down and this message pops up, works flawlessly in v8 tho???

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
    Here is the error message I get. Basically it gets all the way to the point of starting the flash and says flash failed. I power down and this message pops up, works flawlessly in v8 tho???
    What is happening:
    EFILive is trying to save a backup file of your VIN licenses from the FlashScan device. I.e. a list of what controllers are licensed to your FlashScan device so that if your FlashScan device is ever lost/stolen/damaged, we can "clone" a new FlashScan device with all your existing VIN licenses from that backup file.

Why is it a problem?
    In previous versions of Windows, (Win2K and WinXP etc) program were allowed to create and update files in the "Program Files" folder. With the latest versions of Windows (Vista and Win7) Microsoft have changed it so that by default programs cannot create files in the Program Files folder. So when EFILive tries to create the *.lbu (license backup file) Windows security prevents it.

What can you do to get around the problem right now?
    You can take ownership of the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 (or \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5):
    Right click on the V7.5 folder in Windows Explorer and select [Properties], then follow the instructions in the image below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uac_own.png 
Views:	304 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	13042

What is EFILive doing about it in future?
    We will change the V7 software to store the *.lbu files in the \My Documents\EFILive\V7 folder.

Regards
    Paul

THanks Paul, I went through the steps, will post back with results probably tomorrow.

I got fed up with Win7 paranoia pretty fast, On PC's running Win7 I have the UAC set to it's lowest setting. It fixes all these (and other) annoying problems with permissions, and of course you need to be the admin when logging in.
    However, if you choose to change your UAC setting, you need to make sure you have a decent firewall, virus scanner, spy/malware detection etc (that goes without saying really).

I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Okay, i did the flash using v8 and the accessories doesnt power cycle. flash time is about half of 7.5.

my crazy thought was perhaps seeing as it's about the 18~20 second mark that the power cycle happens in 7.5 and that's the time it takes v8 to flash and then cycle the power that perhaps it's something in the script?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    It happens when a packet that gets sent to the ECM is not received correctly. The CAN bus is reset and the failed packet is retried. Resetting the CAN bus causes modules other than the one that is being flashed to also reset.

Does it always happen at exactly the same place?

Why can't you flash using the V8 software?
    If you can use the V8 software, does it reset with the V8 software as well?

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Included in the latest V8 software installation is a recovery option that should hopefully help you recover your FlashScan from that state.
    Its in the folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery (on Win64 bit systems)
    or
    C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware\EFILiveRecovery (on Win32 bit systems)

Please read through the file called ReadMe.txt

Regards
    Paul
    Sorry I was being a dumbass lol, found the info on updating from 2.0.4 or something like that. And then updated a non compatible firmware after upgrading the boot block and really shit myself haha. All good now, I'll read the entire directions next time.

I am having a problem since upgrading software to the latest 8.2.1 version. I had plugged in previously to my 98 Corvette with no problem and uploaded the current program. After upgrading I receive a number of various errors. Can someone tell me if they have seen this and if so what the resolution is. Thanks, Ken

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan tool Error.png 
Views:	255 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	13059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Version 8 Error.png 
Views:	250 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	13060Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FirmwareError.png 
Views:	242 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	13061

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast