Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Public release, March 29, 2012

If v7.5 can't tell the difference, can I get a separate tab that can make a dsp5 van os?
    Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Bobo, it's subtle but the .calz file number isn't the same. I remember back when we first saw this problem and couldn't believe Bosch would designate the same OS number to tunes that are different. I had (and still haven't) ever seen any other GM controller do this.
    In the end we had to look for specific markers in the file to know that we had to load an alternate .calz file that showed the right tables to match the Van.
    Notice how the OS number is 12632483, but the .calz file we load is called 12632484.

Unfortunately though V7.5 still see's both files as 12632483, so we can't Upgrade the OS to DSP to match the Van because the patch can't pick the difference between them.
    There is also an LMM OS we don't do DSP for, 12620015, this is used on Motorhomes and the 5500's.
    Right now it gives a dsp2 and a dsp5 option, how about a dsp5-van option?
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobo View Post
    Is there a way to make v7.5 default to check the try alt keys and use high speed boxes when tuning. Also default V8 to check try alt keys, assume lock is faulty, and use high speed. I think it might be a good idea to move those check boxes to a settings button and only make it show up if a flash fails kind of like the vin unlock button shows up after a failed flash. I guess what I'm getting at, is why would you not use try alt keys and why is the check box there? I have my customers check it all the time on the diesel stuff. Some new customers get confused or forget/accidentally uncheck it. It's not a big deal, but having software that defaults to the most common settings when it is first downloaded would make it easier to use for a new customer.
    Hi Bob,

If your customers cannot read/flash their controllers without using the alt keys or assume lock is faulty options, then you should be telling your customers to use the unlock option to set up a standard GM seed/key in their controller. That way in future they won't need to select that option.

As for the factory default settings for those settings, t takes 10 seconds per failed key to unlock an ECM. Trying the alternate keys can slow down the process by as much as 30-50 seconds for stock controllers. The alt keys and "assume lock is faulty" are for the very small number of ECMs that have had their locking systems messed up somehow. The vast majority of controllers can be unlocked without using those options.

I might be missing something on the "use high speed" option, but are you saying that your customers cannot read/flash their controller unless the "use high speed" option is off? In that case it is most likely a rogue module that is not switching to high speed. In that case pulling the module's fuse would help. Using low speed mode is 4 times slower, so I guess its a trade off between how long it takes to pull/replace a fuse compared to how much longer it takes to read/flash in low speed mode.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

How do we manually check for software updates now? I found the tab in the V7 tune tool to check for updates with it and found there was an update for it above the first public release I downloaded, but I can't find a way to do it with the V8. I used to go under start, EFILIVE, and then select the check for updates under teh tools tab, but I see that option is no longer available.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    How do we manually check for software updates now? I found the tab in the V7 tune tool to check for updates with it and found there was an update for it above the first public release I downloaded, but I can't find a way to do it with the V8. I used to go under start, EFILIVE, and then select the check for updates under teh tools tab, but I see that option is no longer available.
    I do not think they have implemented the check for updates yet, They turned that feature off.

I do not remember reading the it was available to use yet.

As has been discussed in previous thread, we changed software installers on this new version. If you have older software then you must manually uninstall that software first.
    Once the software versions from this thread are installed you can check for updates by doing the following:

V7
    Go to 'Help' then click the 'check for updates' option.

V8
    On the main page, the big Icon that says "Install Updates" (probably should say Check rather than install).

And yes, there has been an update already, so feel free to give it a go.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    As has been discussed in previous thread, we changed software installers on this new version. If you have older software then you must manually uninstall that software first.
    Once the software versions from this thread are installed you can check for updates by doing the following:

V7
    Go to 'Help' then click the 'check for updates' option.

V8
    On the main page, the big Icon that says "Install Updates" (probably should say Check rather than install).

And yes, there has been an update already, so feel free to give it a go.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Thanks.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

The main web page links also have the latest versions as well.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Just updated to the latest public v7.5 and v8 software release, and checked for updates. Firmware: 2.07.26 (Mar 28, 2012). Bootblock: 2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011). Config files: cummins cm849 (apr 16 2012), options (apr 16 2012). Getting a $502 error (something about script files) when trying to flash using just the v2. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2006Cummins View Post
    Just updated to the latest public v7.5 and v8 software release, and checked for updates. Firmware: 2.07.26 (Mar 28, 2012). Bootblock: 2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011). Config files: cummins cm849 (apr 16 2012), options (apr 16 2012). Getting a $502 error (something about script files) when trying to flash using just the v2. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike
    I recommend doing this:
    1. Start the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    2. Open the BBX settings window.
    3. Click on read to read your V2's current configuration.
    4. Select "Format CONFIG File System" from the [Program] button's drop down menu.
    5. Click on the [Program] button to program all required files.

If that still does not work, use the "Program all Required Data (slower)" option on the drop down menu. Sometimes, within 24 hours of an update (due to crossing the international date line) the date/time stamps on the config files can confuse the algorithm that decides if a file is older or newer than what's on the device. Using the "all" option overrides that algorithm and copies all files.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I will give that a try, thanks.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast