Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Public release, March 29, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I recommend doing this:
    1. Start the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    2. Open the BBX settings window.
    3. Click on read to read your V2's current configuration.
    4. Select "Format CONFIG File System" from the [Program] button's drop down menu.
    5. Click on the [Program] button to program all required files.

If that still does not work, use the "Program all Required Data (slower)" option on the drop down menu. Sometimes, within 24 hours of an update (due to crossing the international date line) the date/time stamps on the config files can confuse the algorithm that decides if a file is older or newer than what's on the device. Using the "all" option overrides that algorithm and copies all files.

Regards
    Paul
    I tried the method above and it still wouldn't work. I found I had to go into the EXPLORER program and manually delete the files from the options tab and then format and program all to get mine to work.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Worked for me. Thanks!
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    I tried the method above and it still wouldn't work. I found I had to go into the EXPLORER program and manually delete the files from the options tab and then format and program all to get mine to work.
    There are two file systems that can be formatted. If you format the DATA file system, that will have no effect on your config files. You'd need to format the CONFIG file system. If the CONFIG file system was formatted then there would be no files left in the CONFIG file system (i.e on the [F9: Config Files] tab page) for you to delete. It may be possible that you formatted the DATA file system, thinking it was formatting the CONFIG file system.

Some background info that may help...

You can only format the CONFIG file system from a PC, using either the drop down menu format option of the [Program] button in the BBX setup window, or from the [Format] button on the [F9: Config Files] tab page in EFILive Explorer.

You can only format the DATA file system using FlashScan's or AutoCal's on-board file system format option.

The reason you cannot format the CONFIG file system from the FlashScan or AutoCal device is so that you do not accidentally format it while away from a PC (i.e. at the track). If you did that then your device is useless until you can reload the config files from your PC.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Can I install the V8 package without the FTDI driver??????
    I would like to have the V7/V8 on one laptop for editing the tunes but not touch my existing FTDI drivers...
    Last edited by Wolfie; April 18th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.
    Wolfie
    LS1B 2007 Express 6.0 /w 470,000+ miles (parked as of 01April2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Can I install the V8 package without the FTDI driver??????
    I would like to have the V7/V8 on one laptop for editing the tunes but not touch my existing FTDI drivers...
    No you can't install without the drivers, they are automatically installed during installation.

Regards
    Paul

I tried to upload a new file into my truck today. .. I keep getting EFI Live script exited with code $312 Sub Function not supported or invalid.... I have updated everything to the newest version and firmware.. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hhrecovery View Post
    I tried to upload a new file into my truck today. .. I keep getting EFI Live script exited with code $312 Sub Function not supported or invalid.... I have updated everything to the newest version and firmware.. If someone could help me out I would appreciate it... Thanks.
    There's a bunch of information we'd need to collect from you to help track down the problem, it would be best if you logged a help desk ticket here: http://support.efilive.com/

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by hhrecovery View Post
    I tried to upload a new file into my truck today. .. I keep getting EFI Live script exited with code $312 Sub Function not supported or invalid....
    Has there been any previous programmers loaded on to this truck?
    Are you able to read the tune out of the truck ok?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Has there been any previous programmers loaded on to this truck?
    Are you able to read the tune out of the truck ok?
    Nothing else ever used... It has a tune in it now and I have been running it for a couple weeks like this... I had a new tune made to make some minor changes and now it won't upload or read the current tune...

Did your tuner lock it?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast