Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High idle w/cruise

Default High idle w/cruise

I have the high idle option enabled in my ecm from the dealer. It allows me to ramp up the idle to around 1700 rpm in increments. Truck is an auto. Is there a way to activate this with efi?

I read a similar post but it was from awile ago. SO just doing a follow up if it ever hit the "to do" list

just use efi and read your stock file out of your truck if it is allready inabled it will stay there when you mod. and no at this time there is no way to enable with efi.
    Tuning by Zack StarLite diesel

I enabled mine with a starscan a while back. Whenever I flash with efi it goes away. I have to re-enable it with my programmer if I want it to work.
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

at this time there is no "switch" in EFI live to turn it on/off. If you load a tune that has it enabled however, it will work. Reading your stock tune with the option enabled from the dealer should give you a base to work from, while retaining that feature
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Its enabled now. Im not having an issue as of now. Just wondered if i changed Os at some point if id loose it. Yea i activated it with the star scan. Im building a trans right now but contemplated going manual at one time. So if i load a manual stock file in im pretty sure that will diable it. You have to ground out a wire on the ecm for the high idle to work on a manual once its enabled in the ecm. So most stock manual files do not have it enabled. Not something im gonna deal with any time soon so no worries. Thank you for the input

I had the high idle stock, but we couldn't read the file out of my truck (latest smarty update) So we just used a stock 06 file, now I don't have the high idle enabled. Can I just go to a dealer and get it enabled with my efi live tune in the ecm?? Will it 'erase' my efi live tune??

As I understand it will flash you ECM to a stock OS. Do not script, just copy and past your custom tune to the new OS

Oh ok, thanks for the reply. 'My' tune is locked since I bought it from one of the tuners, thats why I just wanted those features enabled

this is how it works: go to the dealer and have the hi idle option enabled, this can be done without them flashing the ecm and can be done without changing your tune. then re-read the tune after it is enabled and save as your tune to use from now on. i had mine enabled trhee times. the first two times i reflashed as i had made changes to the tune and forgot to re-read and save first, so it wiped out the hi idle as it wasn't enabled in the tune i had been working with. The third time i read the tune first, and it was the same as what i had been working with (not a stock tune) and saved it as my tow tune and modified from there, and i still have hi idle. this was not costly as a friend of mine owns the dealership and they are very knowledgable abouth these trucks. most of the options in the modules can be turned on and off without a flash or change to software

Thanx CumminsDK, I will leave the tune in there and get the hi idle re enabled, then read and save as U suggested

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast