Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killed my 2nd ECU. WTF

No. I pulled every fuse I thought was not needed. One of the fueses was for the dash so my dash voltmeter was out. I hooked a real meter to the battery and it was rock steady at 14 (charger was running) when I did the high speed download. The one that worked. I never tried it with the slow speed download. Too scared.

Lifetime Member

I had a very similar experience yesterday with a P10, tried flashing a customers truck that always gives me headaches and I thought I bricked the PCM. Took me about 45min of pulling the battery cable, fuses, disabled all of his aftermarket stuff, and tried flashing with both V7.5 and V8. Once I got the PCM to start communicating again with my V2, I was able to flash a tune in using V8 (see you guys got the recovery process squared away in V8 now!).

This was just a cal flash as EFILive doesnt full flash the P10, would fail at 18kb data sent in V7.5 then error out.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

After spending the whole day tracing debug code through the firmware, I'm working on cleaning up some timer issues.
    I managed to create the conditions that causes the E60 and P12 flash to fail. I expect other VPW controllers will fail for the same reasons.

The issue boils down to a timing issue, depending on when (within each 5 second window since startup) you press the "go" button to start flashing will determine whether or not the flash is successful. There's no way to "know" when the right time would be, so there's no useable workaround just yet. I'm working on a fix for that.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    There's no way to "know" when the right time would be, so there's no useable workaround just yet. I'm working on a fix for that.

Regards
    Paul
    Thats alright. Im only out $250.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12