Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EFILive RC 1 (March 01, 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Ok, found the problem. Looks like I made an naive assumption about what should happen when the SD Card is removed or inserted (its been like that since day 1).

There are three file systems in FlashScan:
    1. Config
    2. Data Internal
    3. Data External (i.e. SD Card).

Currently when the SD Card is inserted or removed, the firmware simply sets the file system to Data Internal if it is removed or Data External if it is inserted - even if the file system is currently set to Config. That causes the Config file system to be dismounted which as you experienced will cause any in-progress operations on the Config file system to be aborted.

I'll change it to ignore the SD Card insert/remove event if the file system is currently "Config". Then later if/when the file system is changed form Config to Data, the firmware will automatically figure out which Data file system to use: internal or external depending on the status of the SD Card.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul, I had a suspicion it was probably me finding something that was a pretty unlikely event.

Still having an issue with EFILive explorer reading anything off the V2.

The only way I can read firmware / config / splash screen etc, is to start EFILive explorerwith the V2 connected Via USB, and then reset the V2.

If I start EFILive explorer without the V2 connected, I have to click on the "V2" icon to get EFILive exploere to attempt to connect, at this point it hangs with a "waiting" mouse cursor.

If I connect the V2 and then start EFILive explorer, it will start and then hang when attempting to update whatever page it ones with.

Resetting the V2 (<CNTRL> + Cancel) or pulling the USB cable restores access to EFILive explorer. Then If i refresh the current data, it reads the V2 fine.

Opening he EFILive control panel, shows the USB frame count TX and RX rapidly increasing while EFILive explorer is in the "hung" state.

Simon

Lifetime Member

I dont know when the E67 tables will be updated, but for my 2008 TBSS OS 12618164 I dont have the TCS MAF patch (cant remember the exact terminology and dont have my V2 handy to plug in and check). I know the 2007 TBSS OS 12611938 has this patch.

I know I had to adjust the torque model when I went MAF less on the 07 OS, but I dont know if the patch is needed on the 08 OS or not.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I thought all the E38/E67 OS's had the patch, I guess we missed one (or two). We need to re-release the E38/E67 calz files pretty soon with an update to fix a few table errors, so I'll check the TCS patch out before then.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I thought all the E38/E67 OS's had the patch, I guess we missed one (or two). We need to re-release the E38/E67 calz files pretty soon with an update to fix a few table errors, so I'll check the TCS patch out before then.
    Ill double-check when I get home, but I dont think it did.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Still having an issue with EFILive explorer reading anything off the V2.

The only way I can read firmware / config / splash screen etc, is to start EFILive explorerwith the V2 connected Via USB, and then reset the V2.

If I start EFILive explorer without the V2 connected, I have to click on the "V2" icon to get EFILive exploere to attempt to connect, at this point it hangs with a "waiting" mouse cursor.

If I connect the V2 and then start EFILive explorer, it will start and then hang when attempting to update whatever page it ones with.

Resetting the V2 (<CNTRL> + Cancel) or pulling the USB cable restores access to EFILive explorer. Then If i refresh the current data, it reads the V2 fine.

Opening he EFILive control panel, shows the USB frame count TX and RX rapidly increasing while EFILive explorer is in the "hung" state.

Simon
    Hi Simon,

Can you save the trace file (using the EFILive Control Panel) after it shows the rapidly increasing TX/RX counts?
    And send the trace file (*.htx) to me at paul@efilive.com?

Thanks
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

This looks like it was just the USB drivers. I removed them and reinstalled 2.08.14 and it's all fine now.

RE: V8 Scan. It looks like the same key is being used for the last used log file directory and the last used dash directory. If you open a log file and then go to open a dash page, it opens into the directory where the log file was loaded from. The popup list for dashboards is also empty until you save a dash page, then only the newly saved dash page is listed. Saving an existing dash doesn't bring it up in the drop down list.

Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    RE: V8 Scan. It looks like the same key is being used for the last used log file directory and the last used dash directory. If you open a log file and then go to open a dash page, it opens into the directory where the log file was loaded from. The popup list for dashboards is also empty until you save a dash page, then only the newly saved dash page is listed. Saving an existing dash doesn't bring it up in the drop down list.
    Simon.
    I just did some testing here and it all works (on my test system at least) exactly the opposite of what you described. I.e. it works exactly how I presume you want it to work.
    Can you provide step by step instructions to reprodcue the problems you are seeing? Hopefully I can reproduce what you are doing/seeing because I'm probably using it differently to you.

Regards
    Paul

So something that I found... Ill just say what i did..

I opened the V8 scan and tune. Then went to BBX. Selected Read. Created a new PID list for the E60. Added RPM, FUEL_MAIN_M, FUEL_THR_M, BOOST_M, ACTBOOST, FRPCOM, FRPCOMM, FRPADES, FRPACOM. Then Selected Program. It "copied" it to the v2. Then with the window still open, I wanted to add a new PID to the list that I had just created but forgot to add, when I click on the folders in the 'Available PIDs' to add it, They are all empty.

Closed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanandtune2.png 
Views:	332 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	14711

Open
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanandtune.png 
Views:	319 
Size:	137.8 KB 
ID:	14710

Attached a screen shot. You can see that I have all the folders expanded.

But when I closed the BBX screen then re-opened it, all the PIDs returned

Just a little something weird that I found, not sure if its normal or not.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    So something that I found... Ill just say what i did..

I opened the V8 scan and tune. Then went to BBX. Selected Read. Created a new PID list for the E60. Added RPM, FUEL_MAIN_M, FUEL_THR_M, BOOST_M, ACTBOOST, FRPCOM, FRPCOMM, FRPADES, FRPACOM. Then Selected Program. It "copied" it to the v2. Then with the window still open, I wanted to add a new PID to the list that I had just created but forgot to add, when I click on the folders in the 'Available PIDs' to add it, They are all empty.
    You have the word "barometer" entered into the search box at the bottom of the yellow section. That will restrict the list of PID to display only those PIDs that have the text "barometer" in their name or units or description.
    You can clear the search/filter by clicking on the blue X to the right of the search text box.

Note: Closing the BBX screen and re-opening it will clear the search/filter text box, which is why the PIDs "re-appeared" when you did that.

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast