Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update: Aug 06, 2013

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Update: Aug 06, 2013

EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Important:
    The boot block software for FlashScan and AutoCal has been updated to increase the stability of USB data transfers under varying environmental conditions. You should update the boot block in your FlashScan and/or AutoCal devices when prompted to by the EFILive Control Panel. If you are not prompted to update the boot block, please manually run the EFILive Control Panel software, select the [F6: Firmware] tab page and update the boot block. After updating the boot block the device will remain in dead-poll until you reprogram the latest firmware into it.

Download here:

Updates:

V7

• Added new LML PIDs to scan tool. (The LML PIDs are still under development, some are currently returning unexpected data).
    • Fixed software hanging on start-up and/or shutdown (on some PCs) when FlashScan V2 is connected.

V8

• No significant changes.

Firmware

• Boot block update to fix USB error $0101.

Known Issues:
    Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.
    As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

• V1 Devices may not connect to the V7 software after installing this update and using it with a FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device. Workaround: Uninstall this update and re-install V7.5.7.235 (from the downloads page on the EFILive web site).
    • V7 pass-thru scan tool does not display trouble codes. Use FlashScan/AutoCal in standalone mode to view trouble codes until the problem is fixed in the next update.

Version Numbers:
    After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:
    EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 240
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 233
    To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.06 (Jul 31, 2013
    )
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.48 (Aug 02
    , 2013)
    To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)
    Last edited by Blacky; October 15th, 2013 at 02:04 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks for the update.

Lifetime Member

Thanks guys

Paul,

Just to be clear, we had to load the V7.5 (version 230) and the special FW (-46) you developed back on June 30th to fix the initial hang problem. Does this new version correct the initial problems we had and we can now download this version with no problems. Is this considered a public version?

Thanks

Ed M

Appears to have worked for me. Thanks for the great support!

Thank you for the update, fixed a few problems I was having.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Paul,

Just to be clear, we had to load the V7.5 (version 230) and the special FW (-46) you developed back on June 30th to fix the initial hang problem. Does this new version correct the initial problems we had and we can now download this version with no problems. Is this considered a public version?

Thanks

Ed M
    Yes, it fixes the hanging issues. You can run the latest USB drivers with this software and the hanging issue should not occur.
    It is very close to being a public release. We just need to fix the FlashScan V1 issues with V7 before it gets officially released.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks a lot Paul for this update!

Hey Paul... Tried to change an autocals E38 OS via full flash and it aborts as the OS's are different.

Previously, the "i don't care...let me flash it anyway" button let us over ride the full flash and things were good

but that option is now gone. AutoCal won't do it.... V8 won't do it....and 7.5 does not allow full flash via AutoCal.

I'm stuck and can't apply OS changes to get this guy started....

Is there a previous version that ill work with the latest public release firmware and bootblock?

This guy is outside the country.... HELP!

Chuck
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Lifetime Member

Chuck, I had this problem as well. PCMs and TCMs like the LS1 and T42 are pretty common across everything, I have yet to brick a T42 (havent flashed many LS1s). This feature was removed a few months ago, around April/May IIRC. I pushed to have some known controllers that wont have a bricking issue have the option to bypass the OS mismatch, but havent heard anything else.

For the E38/67/37/39/92/78s, it makes some sense to me because these things will brick themselves. Do I want the option? Yes. Do I know why EFILive removed this feature? Yes, people were bricking ECMs and requesting a refund, either license or ECM or both. EFILive shouldnt have to pay for other people's mistakes when they clearly click a BIG WARNING saying this might brick a controller.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast