Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Update: Nov 21, 2013

Default Me Too.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Is it repeatable, consistently? If so what steps could I try to reproduce it?
    Regards
    Paul
    Me Too..... I suspect it's from switching between V8 and 7.5 and 7.5 scan.... Usually I have reason to

open and close the applications multiple times (among other programs too) and that's when it happens... late in the day.

Additionally, while we've discussed it before I've narrowed down the situation where EFI LIVE crashed my machine.

Trouble includes, but not limited to...., BLUE SCREEN of DEATH, excessively long re-boots, hangs, crashes, and a

fuzzy white transparent screen that blurs the scan tool and locks up the machine. Task manager will usually NOT

close efilive successfully and forces a hard re-boot to use the machine again.... and then the lengthy boot ups...with problems....

Very weird behavior and I've 99% narrowed it down to letting the scan tool "run out of memory" when logging. after you get the

out of memory message.... The laptop locks up.

If you run a datalog of ANY length, short of out of memory window appearing, the machine works like normal.... get the warning

message and you're losing all your work, and the machine is frozen with a milky white screen of.....well.... milk. GOT MILK? ;(

HELP ME!....,,,
    C

an we get a progress indicator on 7.5 scan warning us of how close we are to "out of memory"??? Should help big time

Also, maybe a preogress indicstior of how full he explorer data sections are

Yeah... That;s wjat we need.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Is it repeatable, consistently? If so what steps could I try to reproduce it?
    Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

This is not a new issue. I am running an older version of the software, so that my *.cax files will load, and I get this error on only one of my laptops. I am not sure what causes it, as it only does this when closing some files, but not when closing others.

One thing that is consistent - this error will occur if you close the software by clicking on the red X at the top right corner of the screen, but will not occur, if you go to the File menu, click on the "Close tuning file" option to close the calibration, followed by closing the program by using the "Exit" option in the File menu.

Cheers,
    Taz

Hi, Please tell me that there is news about the OS (E83A 12639834, E83B 12645537) support. I can count on the support of the new OS E83A-E83B in a future update? If yes, then, if not a secret?

Paul had me up the memory for the datalogs in the scan tool from 50 to 500.

I have not had the problem, but again that does not mean it's not there.... I just may not see it

given the increase in buffer size...

Time will tell, but so far so good.

Chuck
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Hi, Please tell me that there is news about the OS (E83A 12639834, E83B 12645537) support. I can count on the support of the new OS E83A-E83B in a future update? If yes, then, if not a secret?
    E83 development is not a high priority for our development team. We added support for a couple of E83B operating systems and for the short to medium term that is where it will stay.

Specifically on the E83A there are no plans at ALL to provide mapping for any operating systems, although read support to gather files has been implemented.

E83B has a little more hope, but remains as a low priority.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    E83 development is not a high priority for our development team. We added support for a couple of E83B operating systems and for the short to medium term that is where it will stay.

Specifically on the E83A there are no plans at ALL to provide mapping for any operating systems, although read support to gather files has been implemented.

E83B has a little more hope, but remains as a low priority.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Im happy to help out with any e83b development. Im at the limits of the factory torque management now and can't seem to squeeze any more power from the car.

I sent a couple of files to support regarding an e83 option for disabling driver demand. Just want to get confirmation it was received.

Lifetime Member

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something but did the June 3rd release get delayed I don't see it on the main site?

Thanks
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

I read the news on the main site of the new update. And also I can not find it either on the forum or on the main site. Release of a new update is delayed? I understand you correctly?
    Thanks

I can't find it either, thought maybe it was just me.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast