Thread: v2- updated firmware etc as directed, DONT have CSP5, older tune, am I stuck?

Default v2- updated firmware etc as directed, DONT have CSP5, older tune, am I stuck?

I have been having some sort of a fueling issue with my truck for a little while. I have EFI live on it with a tow tune from ATP in idaho. the EFI live helped with the issue, but it got progressively worse, along with smoke from the exhaust. therefore i had new DDP 100+ injectors installed. truck runs great, minimal smoke, great power-- until i get to about 75% or more on the go pedal.
    then it hits a limiter or something, and seems to power down, a CEL comes on- indicating fuel delivery problem- I think it was colde p0148?
    so i go to do some more data logging thru my v2, to figure out if its the cp3, the FCA, or the rail loosing fuel/ PSI
    and the V2 via laptop tells me that i needed to update the firmware etc. so I did. it would NOT do any datalogging for me.
    OOPS.
    I was running V7.5 and had updated that and also put V8 on the laptop.
    Now my undrestanding is now reading the Forums- that i cannot go "back" on the firmware etc on the v2. my tunes are in the "old format"

AM I stuck now with a V2 that wont talk to my laptop, or truck, and forced to update to the CSP5 swtiching software and tunes?

les helped me some on another forum. thought Id also try to get more information here.
    also If im stuck having to goto the CSP5 tuning/ switching is there tunes availble that would be "unlocked" from a vendor? cost?

thanks for the help. and LOVE EFI LIVE!!!!

BTW new to the forum- had EFI for since april '12
    2007 cummins 5.9 auto QC 4x4
    stock turbo and exhaust
    100+ DDP injector tips
    S&B full cold air intake
    built trans and triple disk TQ, shift kit, alto red HD clutch packs and bands.
    6" lift on 35's 3.73 gears
    every day driver- 126K on it. moderate to heavy towing 15K toyhauler OR a 50' PJ 3 axle gooseneck (24K capacity)

Lifetime Member

Hi. Give me a call whenever you get a chance, and I would be happy to help you out. It would be much quicker and easier to help over the phone. I can actually hop on your computer remotely as well if necessary.

Mike
    208-685-1000
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI

Mike- thanks MUCH appreciated

I don't know what I was going wrong- over looking either way it works now. I was stuck on STUPID........ I GUESS!!!

Now I have some data logs for you via email.

Again cant thank you enough for your help on the phone!!!!
    ATP is AWESOME!!! GREAT tech support!!!!
    Last edited by turboracer1994; January 22nd, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

Lifetime Member

No problem at all!
    2019 Ram 6.7L 68RFE
    2003 VW Jetta TDI