Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to install LC-1?

Default Where to install LC-1?

OK, borrowed me a box of tread cutters, and will probably take on the adventure of installing the LC-1 this weekend ... question is - where to install all the bits and pieces? After all, it's a bit more hardware than the regular O2 sensor ... I read the file in the download area, which covers the electrical issues, but not the placement (which obviously depends on the car)

OK, so the sensor goes into the stock bung, that's one piece I don't have to worry about. Now the big controller piece - from the confined space under the car, I'm not really sure where to put that. I figure it might be a bit awkward to really get it securely attached to something ... !?

Next problem - the cable coming from the controller needs to be split up - one analog output has to end up with the FlashScan box (along with most of the other cables), the other ought to be hooked back up to the NB input underneath - did you guys just extend the cable? I don't think ripping open the outside isolation of the cable close to the controller would be a good idea ... I'd prefer to keep out any water

And yet again another question - where did you route the switched +12V from? I was thinking about getting it from the NB plug, is that OK?

Anything else I'm missing?
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

You can wrap the LC-1 stuff around your trans under the console and drop the o2 WB sensor down beside the rubber boot over the trans to the bung. Use the stock connector and extend it up into the console so you can wire in power, ground, signal and signal ground for NB sim, plus the WB output and signal ground to the flashscan device. If you do a search you should find some pictures and diagrams for wiring.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Mine lays on partly the K-member to the RHS of the engine, and partly ziptied to the starter (to one of the long rods that hold the starter togther); sensor cable follows auto trans cooler lines back to bung in LT collector.

Here's how I split my wires up (if you haven't seen this yet)...
    showpost.php?p=20320&postcount=67

d@mn, my luck ... the O2 has a 17x1.5mm tread, and all I had was 16 and 18 ... and no place had any 17 to buy ... might end up welding the stock bung close and putting the one that came with the O2 on top of the exhaust pipe ... just dread pulling out the piece of the exhaust ... anyway, the passenger side bung is almost on the bottom of the pipe, and the docs from the LC1 say the sensor should be installed between 10 and 2 o'clock of the pipe ... !?

OK, finally got it in today ... due to the length of the cable from the sensor to the controller, I ended up putting the LC-1 up on the side of the transmission, had two holes there that I could use with zipties to fasten it ... (hope it can take the transmission heat?!)

The WB-Output to EFILive looks fine as far as I can tell, but the NB-Sim output sticks at the max-value configured in the LC-1 (like, 4.42 volts or so) --- did I miss some configuration there?

Probably due to the wrong NB out, the calculated WB AFR runs in the 15-16 area ...

I know I could just turn the NB off, but while I'm at it, I would much rather find what's causing the problem, before gets to be a real problem ...

Any idea?

The NB output should be programed something like this:

AFR 14.30 --> 1.000 V
    AFR 15.00 --> 0.050 V

i.e. a steep downstep centred on 14.7.

NB output:

WB output for comparison:

Quote Originally Posted by Garry
    OK, so the sensor goes into the stock bung, that's one piece I don't have to worry about.

I don't have rear O2 bungs, should I put the bung in the collector or the Off Road Pipe ? Suggestions?

Offroad pipe is fine, they usually say closer to the exhaust ports is best as the sensors like being hot. So in fact your collector is even better
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Thanks !

Hm ... looks pretty much like what I have ... guess I'll check it out again today ...

Btw, I used the cabling instructions from joe's post, and do not have the NBO2 ground and the WBO2 ground connected - could that be causing a problem?
    Last edited by Garry; July 22nd, 2006 at 06:34 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast