Thread: BB Logging beta update: April 26, 2008

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member

Have you started with BBL beta firmware yet or are you trying to get to a point where you can begin beta testing? If you already have an older version of the BBL beta firmware then you need to use EFILive Explorer in the V8 folder to program FlashScan V2.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

do you mean this? i have intsalled the first release of bbl beta software.
    i have programmed V2.05.08 (bootblock) when i hit the refresh button V2.05.04 (bootblock) comes up
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efi expl.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	3160  
    Last edited by AGRO; April 28th, 2008 at 12:40 PM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Once your boot block is greater than 2.04.xx (i.e. once it gets to 2.05.xx or later) you can only use the EFILive_Explorer.exe program to reflash the firmware and or boot block. You can no longer use the EFILive FlashScan Firmware Programming Utility.

Please read the ReadMe_First.pdf document really carefully. It says that to flash a new boot block the FlashScan MUST NOT be in deadpoll. So, if your flash scan IS in dead poll you must FIRST program some valid firmware.
    That means you really need to program back in the FSProgV2_05_15(0326).efw firmware (that matches you V2.05.04 boot block).
    Once that is done, THEN upgrade the boot block to V2.05.08 (while FlashScan IS NOT in deadpoll). Progreamming the boot block will put FlashScan into dead poll once it is done.
    THEN you can program the V2.05.17 (or V2.05.18) firmware.

P.S. At no stage should you program in the V2.05.06 boot block - it may brick your FlashScan unit.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

i feel embarrased! thanks alot Blacky worked fine, i still have not learned my lesson, i am the sort of guy that does not look at the instruction's whilst putting a tv cabnet together!

after this little scene it sure has taught me a lesson.

once again thank you.

Paul,

I usually breeze through the PDF for the important notes. Guess I should read more carefully.

From the Readme_First.pdf file:

Quote:
    While FlashScan's firmware is being programmed a "percentage complete" counter will be displayed from 0% to 100%. Sometimes that counter may "freeze", however the reprogramming process will continue. It should be complete in less than 20 seconds. A dialog box indicating success will be displayed when the programming is complete.
    I do not know why that happens. It happens outside of EFILive_Explorer's control. :( If I ever figure it out I'll fix it.
    I did note today that while monitoring AFR on the INNOVATE - Flashscan was fine, but would jump into the FREE AIR CALIBRATION screen and display 19-20% - then jump back to reporting what looked like "real" numbers. It got to the point where I had to reboot the unit because it was stuck in that screen.

I don't really think it tried a calibration in the actual INNOVATE control while driving or the AFR numbers would be really wacked. Once V2 was rebooted, it was fine for awhile (20 minutes) and then did it again upon decel from a high speed run. Was intermittent over a 2.5 hour drive. Very strange. All connections were checked, and everything looked fine.

Ideas?? Will be testing again tomorrow to see if there is a pattern.
    99 Silverado 2500 Extracab Longbed
    33" BFG's - American Racing Rims

Custom Dual Upper console gauge mount w/Autometer Sport Comp - Pyro, Oil Temp
    Autometer Sport Comp Boost/Vac in Custom Hypersonic Gauge Mount in dash

LS-1 6.0L w/AFR 205cc Street Heads
    Vortech V2 blower
    42# Injectors
    Comp Cam - Custom Street Grind
    TTS Catback Exhaust
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2
    Tune and Trans mods via EFILive V1-V2

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper99 View Post
    and then did it again upon decel from a high speed run. Was intermittent over a 2.5 hour drive. Very strange. All connections were checked, and everything looked fine.
    FlashScan will display free air whenever the Innovate device sends that it is detecting "Free Air". That will happen in decel fuel cutoff - since the injectors are off and the engine is just pumping air through the exhaust.

Can you explain in more detail what you mean by "jump into the FREE AIR CALIBRATION screen and display 19-20%"?
    Did it jump to the free air calibration screen that you see after pressing the "0" key? Or did it just display "Free Air?".

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I was crusing along and it changed from the Lambda /AFR display to the Free Air calibration screen - 20% . After a few seconds, it would switch back to the Lambda/AFR screen, then go back to the Free Air Calibration screen and it would always display 20% complete in the Free Air calibration screen. I was not even touching the unit, it was sitting on the seat next to me. TP did not seem to dictate what it was doing other than that one high RPM run.
    99 Silverado 2500 Extracab Longbed
    33" BFG's - American Racing Rims

Custom Dual Upper console gauge mount w/Autometer Sport Comp - Pyro, Oil Temp
    Autometer Sport Comp Boost/Vac in Custom Hypersonic Gauge Mount in dash

LS-1 6.0L w/AFR 205cc Street Heads
    Vortech V2 blower
    42# Injectors
    Comp Cam - Custom Street Grind
    TTS Catback Exhaust
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2
    Tune and Trans mods via EFILive V1-V2