To install the EFILive V7.5 software
- Download the V7.5 software here:
- Your browser will prompt you to save the file. Select a folder such as:
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the downloaded file and double click on it to start the installation.
- Follow the on screen instructions.
What is included in the download:
- EFILive Scan Tool: V7.5
- EFILive Tuning Tool: V7.5
When the installation has finished, EFILive will check for updates. If EFILive does not automatically check for an update after the initial installation, please select the start menu option: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check for New Update.
If you are reading this post more than a month after the software was first released in November 2010, then most likely an update will be available and should be installed to ensure you have the most up to date software. The update usually takes 1-2 minutes and will display a message to indicate when it has completed.
Known Installation Issues
When installing on Windows 98
the installer may display two errors during the installation:
- You may be prompted to insert the FTDI FTD2XX Drivers disk. In that case, click OK and then select [Skip] to skip the file ftd2xx.cat.
- A registry entry may not be able to be set due to inadequate permissions, please select [Ignore] so that the installation can continue.
When installing on Windows Vista
or Windows 7
the installer may indicate that the install did not complete successfully and prompt you to confirm. Please select the option that confirms the installation was successful.
Some customers have reported that the EFILive V7.5 software will sometimes fail to detect the FlashScan V2 interface cable after it has been upgraded to V2.5 firmware or later. Usually retrying the operation will allow the software to detect FlashScan and continue. However, you can prevent the error and speed up the cable detection process by changing the cable type in the EFILive V7.5 Scan Tool software.
Change the setting: Edit->Properties->Connections->Preferred interface cable type to EFILive FlashScan V2.5 (HAPI).
Updating your FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware:
After installing the V8 software, open the EFILive Control Panel (aka EFILive Hapi) by starting EFILive Explorer (Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Explorer).
Once EFILive Explorer is running, the EFILive Control Panel icon (a small image of FlashScan) will appear in the Windows system tray at the end of the Windows task bar.
Click on that icon and select the F6: Firmware option. Click on the [Refresh] button and follow the onscreen instructions to update the firmware.
If you have a FlashScan and an AutoCal connected simultaneously, you may select between them using the list at the top of the window.