Thread: Ike is a dog!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ike is a dog!

we've had afternoon shower dump more water, but I don't ever recall storm winds like this. iPhone rocks. Been without power for many hours now.

Looking for you on the news-
    Send us some pictures with that fancy phone.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

look on the bright side,
    at least you will get rid of some of the Louisiana refugees.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    look on the bright side,
    at least you will get rid of some of the Louisiana refugees.
    Lmao. Actually I saw a refugee on tv yesterday saying he was not leaving because FEMA responded in less than 48 hours. I don't suppose he ever considered it's because Nagin is NOT running these cities.

Ike was a big ol' boy. The good news is we're all alive and still have 99.8% of our roof over our head. Power has been out since ~2300 Friday. I haven't taken many pictures. Everything from Houston to about lake Charles look the same. All of it can be seen on tv or the www. Been in line for an hour now for gas.
    Last edited by TAQuickness; September 14th, 2008 at 10:41 PM.

Glad to hear you are a survivor. Some folks really got messed up. Now, if you can just get some V AC soon.
    I have a nice little Honda generator you can use. Haven't used it since moved to WI, the land of frozen tundra and buried power lines.

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Melton View Post
    I have a nice little Honda generator you can use.
    See, Civic's are useful for something afterall
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

thanks Bruce. I have a generator we are using to maintain the freezer. Not enough fuel though to run continuous.

If you get tired of roughing it and can make it to FW , we have a couple of upstairs bedrooms you could use for a few nights .
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

TGM - Thanks. The cool front has made life much more bearable. I'll keep the offer in mind though.

ROSS - best laugh I've had in a while.

Ironically, we didn't get as much rain as you'd expect for a storm this size. In the last 5 years we've had a half dozen (6 for the metric folks) or so afternoon showers that dumped almost twice as much rain in half the time. What got us was the wind. I've talked to a few compadres and it appears Ike was felt significantly from Houston to New Orleans.