Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFR of 1.13??

There are a few issues with auto VE stuff with Custom operating systems that are not outlined in tutorial.

If using COS3/COS5 and Auto VE you must be careful to force engine out of closed loop all together . Otherwise semi closed loop interferes.

You can see STFT operating in semi closed loop.

Using bidirectional controls you can turn off semi closed loop prior to log..then log .

Dont get me wrong it is a great bit of technology ....and works very well.

I have carried out a few logs and confirmed all of the above.Anybody else come across this ...???

Cheers
    Kyle

Hi Kyle - There was another forum member that pointed out the semi-open loop issues with COS3/5. It was also noted that verbaige for 97-98 PCM's as well as ETC was lacking too. The latest revision of the tutorial (3/10/2007) accomodates all these issues.

If you (any one utilizing the tutorial) are having issues with it, please let us know by starting a new thread or sending a PM with as much detail as possible describing what the problem is. Problem descriptions like "the tutorial is full of BS" only let us know someone is not happy with some part of the tutorial contents and doesn't help make the tutorial any better.

Please keep in mind that a tutorial such as the AutoVE tutorial is not an end-all-be-all method of tuning. Rather, it's a starting point to help folks get familiar with with the concepts and methods of tuning.

Case in point - PE - enable it or disable it. One of the early non-published versions of AutoVE did not instruct the users to disable PE. While testing this method, we found that leaving PE enabled caused erroneous BEN factors during the PE transistions.

A more experienced tuner would recognize the transient data and know how to filter it out. A beginer might not know what to do with the transient data and end up frustrated and chasing his tail.

Given the AutoVE is targeted for folks that are relativly new at tuning, we opted to revise the tutorial to help make the initial tuning experience as least frustrating as possible.

I've never had a problem Auto VEing using OS5. I just disable Semi OL by commanding 14.5 where I would normally command 14.63. That and disable DFCO is all that is required to Tune VE I've found.

That works too macca...I find turning off Closed loop with BIDI easier.and disabling DFCO .Thanks for the reply TA...BTW Latest revision I can find for Auto VE is DEC 2006...
    Lean cruise for Aussie OS is also an issue if activated.....
    Cheers
    Kyle
    Last edited by RetroAus; February 14th, 2008 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroAus
    That works too macca...I find turning off Closed loop with BIDI easier.and disabling DFCO .Thanks for the reply TA...BTW Latest revision I can find for Auto VE is DEC 2006...
    Cheers
    Kyle
    Now that is something that needs to be fixed Revision history moved to the last page of the document.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by RetroAus
    Cheers
    Kyle
    The "problem" with using BiDi controls is that it significantly reduces your maximum framerate. You'd have to log for twice as long to collect the same data as you would if you had the bidi window closed and 24 channels of data or less.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    If you (any one utilizing the tutorial) are having issues with it, please let us know by starting a new thread or sending a PM with as much detail as possible describing what the problem is. Problem descriptions like "the tutorial is full of BS" only let us know someone is not happy with some part of the tutorial contents and doesn't help make the tutorial any better.

Given the AutoVE is targeted for folks that are relativly new at tuning, we opted to revise the tutorial to help make the initial tuning experience as least frustrating as possible.

Er Hello, Sorry but i did just this and have had no feed back from forum admin while trying to figure out how to do AutoVE on the LS2 E40.

Please refer to following links

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6513

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6529

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    The "problem" with using BiDi controls is that it significantly reduces your maximum framerate. You'd have to log for twice as long to collect the same data as you would if you had the bidi window closed and 24 channels of data or less.
    Thanks for the heads up..will try another method.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gelf VXR
    Er Hello, Sorry but i did just this and have had no feed back from forum admin while trying to figure out how to do AutoVE on the LS2 E40.

Please refer to following links

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6513

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=6529
    PM Sent

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12