Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFR

Default AFR

My truck was dyno tuned w/ LS1 Edit. I'm running in open loop at 11.1/1 afr and I want to bring it to 11.8 or 12/1. What table do I use and how much do I change the values? Thanks in advance.

In Edit or EFILive ?.
    Are you running a MAF?.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm using EFI live now. I had edit but never did the tuning myself. I'm still have a maf on the truck but I'm running in open loop. This is fine for now, I just want to play w/ the afr at the track at wot. I got the LC1 going last night and I'm running 11.1/1 at wot on motor.

Thanks,

John

Ok, looks like I need to pull a little out of B3618. I'm thinking 5% and see what it does.
    '01 Silverado 1/8th 7.06 @ 96.5 1.55 60'

You are correct. You can change the units to display AFR instead of the Factor. This might help you dialing in the correct AFR.

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    You are correct. You can change the units to display AFR instead of the Factor. This might help you dialing in the correct AFR.
    Really??

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

Open the Editor
    Edit-> Properties--> Display

Here you can changes the units from a Factor to AFR.

I see that you can change the units to AFR but I guess it is the assumed AFR used to correct to, if that makes any sense? The PE correction factor is used to tailor fuel to achive a desired wideband or actual OL WB AFR as I use it.

It seems that it would be quite possible to tie in a commanded wideband AFR and have the correction factor added or subtracted and saved to be entered permenently. Well, not for me to do but---

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

I don't quite understand what you are describing but here is how it works. The program takes the factor and applies that to the Stoich AFR {B3601} in a calculation.

Stoich AFR / Factor = Displayed AFR

ie 14.63 / 1.13 = 12.95

Commanded is 14.63
    Lets say your Actual AFR from a wideband is 13.5

You can back calculate from your actual and the difference between the two to re-adjust the VE/PE tables. (this only applies if your ve table is dialed in)

Are you talking about EQ ratio...?

EQ = (STOICH_AFR / AFR) = (1 / lambda)

Rich: EQ > 1.0
    Lean: EQ < 1.0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast