Thread: How much the A/F should be when releasing throttle after hard acceleration?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

i look in my tune it seems that the DFCO is not active since the B3308 DFCO enable temperature is 140C
    i will try to enable it will i need to tune any thing else after decreasing the temperature ?
    will the car go very lean ? its running in open loop sd

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Its totally known as 'tuners option'. A lot of tuners when utilizing AUTOVE for SD Tuning, disable DFCO. That is to not have the brief interruption of the fuel injectors effect the RPM/MAP wideband readings while tuning AFR.

A number of tuners after completing AUTOVE leave DFCO disabled. Probably an equal number of tuners re-enable DFCO. Its true you go 'lean' for a moment. Its also considered no-load on the engine..a total waste of fuel to spray 1/2 second of fuel while shifting..and the engine does not need it.

The bottom line is its your option. Personally on my application, I leave DFCO enabled, including during shifts (M6 DFCO Temp: 50C). As soon as you hit the throttle Commanded AFR only takes 1/16 of a second to re-engage. If you stay rich during throttle shift, most likely you hear a quick 'pop' as any unburnt fuel during shift blows out the exhaust pipe.

The bottom line is that I have not heard of anyone who can alter the AFR during a M6 shift via any tuning method other than DFCO. I would just do a search on it and make up your own mind. If you are in the active process of AUTOVE..leave it disabled..

Good luck with your search..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..