Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: help with E67 tune pontiac solstice with turbo kit

Lifetime Member

Once you get the 2/3 Bar MAP setup, you need to copy the 1 Bar VVE table to the 2/3 Bar VVE table and start from there. Once you get into the 2/3Bar table (2 Bar is min for FI applications), then you can actually setup the VVE table to command the proper fuel values.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread, but this thread was the most relavant for me.
    I have a E67 PCM in a V6, I'm trying to figure out my upgrade path for the vehicle and would like to attempt some mild boost. It will need to maintain stock driveability and not set any check engine lights.

Not sure if this is possible or not.

Does anyone know for sure if I can purchase a 3 Bar MAP and activate it for use on my E67? I know HPTuners has no such functionality in fact...

I'm not 100% sure of this answer (I don't know much about E38/E67):

the E38/E67 VVE tables can be mapped for 2-bar or 3-bar VVE (the tunetool allows yo to select which bar VVE)... you need to install a 2-bar or 3-bar sensor, and you set the MAP sensor scaler to match the sensor.

Read thru this thread: showthread.php?8961-E38-VVE-Setup-Guide

Now, having said that, we want someone who is knowledgeable in E38/E67 to give their input.

Joe thank you for responding, you've actually been a fantastic help throughout this thread, and your commentary has given me the confidence that my E67 has the ability to run over a 1 bar Map sensor with factory reliability..
    You should get a percentage of the sale of the tuner/scanner :}

I have the software, I wish someone would post a stock tune or bin whatever you call them for the E67 so I can play with that.

Quote Originally Posted by E67boostquest View Post
    Joe thank you for responding, you've actually been a fantastic help throughout this thread, and your commentary has given me the confidence that my E67 has the ability to run over a 1 bar Map sensor with factory reliability..
    You should get a percentage of the sale of the tuner/scanner :}

I have the software, I wish someone would post a stock tune or bin whatever you call them for the E67 so I can play with that.

You can cross-reference the E67 portion of this: http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...147&Itemid=146

With the appropriate vehicle from this: http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/stockTunes.php

Now you can play around all you want

Thanks bud, but unfortunately my '08 Aura XR does not cross reference with anything in the repository. Since my ECU is an E67.

I've tried to look through the E38 .tun file that comes with the "read only" software that comes with the software download, as it's the closest thing to an E67 that I've got but, honestly I don't think I'm going to understand this. I've tuned bits of my old 98 GTP. A bunch of Supras with ViPEC V88, and AEM. But nothing nearly as complex as the E67 ECU.

I'm not sure I understand the VE zoning purposes, the next cell over reads like 30% higher than the previous cell but somehow looks smooth on the map. And I'm not sure what the values of anything are... Like they are XXXX for KPAxRPM.

Weird... I can and will learn those things in other threads but, right now I need to understand how I will be able to bolt up a GM 2 or 3 bar map, and cause my PCM to start reading from that newly found pressure. The boost is the easy part, it's the ECU stuff that's been holding me back.

I'm already making a custom upper intake plenum for the car so the inlet is on the passenger side to make room for the turbo, and I WOULD like to be able to tune the car in the mean-time [if it even needs it], so I want to learn this software and my ECU and be confident that it will be able to take care of my needs.

Holden guys have not had much luck tuning their 3.6 "Alloytec" for boost. EG. Pro Flow Fabs, on 8 psi with their GT35 made something like 330 whp... They switched to a ViPEC and made 383 whp same boost. Despite their A/F and ignition timing being similar b/t the two. So I wonder if somehow the ECU found a way to dial back power?

I'm afraid of this happening, so I'm trying to get some nice data in this thread to convince me to move forward, I'm relatively convinced so that's good but more info is always better. I wish I could speak with an expert on the E67.

Tha main problem with the Bosch E55 that runs the Holden alloytecs is that there are only a few tables available in commercially available software and its no where near enough to run boost on a car that was released NA.

E67 will have no problem running boost. It might help if you post your stock tune

Wow glad to see my thread spawned a whole bunch of replies and hopefully helped alot of people. Joecar and the guys are really awesome and incredibly helpful. I can share the sentiment on the software. It's kinda too techy for me. Haha. I really want to buy a 3 bar map sensor that will plug in and work. Can someone please help?

Lifetime Member

Hello E67boostquest,

I take it you have a 2008 Saturn Aura with a 3.6 L V6 ? As you have discovered the Holdencrazy site does not have many V6 tunes. If you are looking for any E67 tune, just to gain some practical experience with that ECM platform, there are several of those on the Holdencrazy site.

There are 3 Cadillac CTS-V tunes that I believe use the E67 ECM:
    • ’06 CTS-V (OS 12605669)
    • ’07 CTS-V (OS 12609051)
    • ’09 CTS-V (OS 12632176) * supercharged LSA 6.2 L *

The supercharged LSA tune should be a great resource - given your project plans.

Sorry to participate in the “thread hijack” Billion01 - couldn’t help myself !

Regards,
    Taz

Lifetime Member

E67boostquest, the E67 can run up to 3 BAR of boost without issue. The Vette ZR1 and Caddy CTS-V prove this. Order a EFILive FlashScan V2, pull your stock tune, post it up, and we can help you calibrate the tune for the 3 BAR MAP sensor. Then its tuning the VVE and spark tables, there is an excellent VVE tutorial by swingtan on the main EFILive downloads page that is great for E67 tuning (its for an E38, most of the tables match up identically).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast