Thread: Tuning Trouble???

Default Tuning Trouble???

Have a 01 TA Ws6 a4, has mild cam full exhaust and converter. Nothing too major. I have had the car dyno tuned. The trouble that im having is the o2 sensor on the driver side, bank 1 sensor 1 is not responding. The passanger side is working just fine and I have the back 2 sensors deleted. I have changed the sensor multiple times, gotten new extensions, and even went back to the shop that i had it tuned at to look at it again. I have latley re-run new 02 wires from the pcm to the sensor and that is not fixing the problem either. Is there some way that the tune is messed up?? Only reason that i ask this is because this sensor that is not working is reading the same mv as the 2 that are deleted approx 447-450. Please help, i just dont know what to do anymore.

Lifetime Member

450mv is a base reference voltage supply sent from the ECU until the O2's warm up and produce a voltage of their own. This is normal. The problem is the O2 on that bank never warms up enough due to a cooler exhaust flow usually from a higher flowing exhuast. The heater circuit in the O2 Does provide its own heat but that is sometimes not enough to get the O2 switching. You can verify this by scoping the heater circuit and see if it is on 95% DUTY CYCLE > MAXED OUT.
    This is why when you replace it with the same part number O2 the problem remains because you never corrected the cause....the colder exhuast. The O2's are in fact perfectly OK so don't throw them away.
    The internal heater of the standard replacement Bosch O2 for the LS1 is a 7 to 9 ohm heater....what you need is a universal Bosch O2 sensor with a lower Ohm heater like a 3 to 4 ohm one. This runs hotter and over comes the effects of the cooler exhuast and will still switch OK at these lower temperatures.
    It seems to happen on one car then no problems on the next...but its almost always a heat problem.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    ps will try to find the part number from work for you

http://www.bosch.com.au/content/lang.../Section_C.pdf
    page 31 about 3/4 the way down the page

P/N 0-258-986-505
    Last edited by The Alchemist; May 12th, 2009 at 08:27 PM.
    "Just a tune > yeah right !!!! "

I have the tune in my email. If you could post ur email address i can send you a copy of the tune.

Is this throwing off your LTFT's or are you worried about the voltage it puts out?
    Post a log.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    Is this throwing off your LTFT's or are you worried about the voltage it puts out?
    Post a log.
    Its just not sending a signal to the computer at all.

Ill try and data log it tomorrow and post it up so you can see what its doing.