Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throttle follower

Default Throttle follower

Decided to go for a spin tonight & log follower & cracker to see what air is added when. Throttle cracker logged no extra air but follower continually added air in increments ranging from 6 grams to 2 grams. This continued up to 63 grams where it started again from zero. The throttle follower decay tables are untouched from standard.
    Any ideas???

are they giving your problems?

I've noticed my TC PID has a value of 0 any time i'm in second gear, but I have reason to believe the PCM is adding the TC air in 2nd. I haven't seen anything like you describe on the TF though.

You say the decay rates are untouched. What are they? Post tune please...

Quote Originally Posted by TAQuickness
    are they giving your problems?

I've noticed my TC PID has a value of 0 any time i'm in second gear, but I have reason to believe the PCM is adding the TC air in 2nd. I haven't seen anything like you describe on the TF though.
    I have been trying to track down a tendency for the car to act like cruise is enabled. After much searching the cracker,follower seemed like the best place to start looking. DFCO is active.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Cruise control can also be that the Desired Airflow table has not been tuned to be accurate. One thing (and this is a bold call) that the stock tunes seem to do is be a little lazy with some of the airflow related tables because they are expecting there to be a MAF to mop up after them. Speed Density on these is a failed condition and you are supposed to drive straight to the service center to get a new MAF
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I had reconnected the maf previously to try & get that dialled in but that made it worse. Trying to keep under the speed limit was near impossible as the car tended to creep up in speed with near no throttle. In the end i decided to leave it in SD until I could sort out the few drivability issues it has.

From what you're describing, it sounds like the cracker is putting too much air in. Took me a long time to find a happy place in the sub 25mph range.

That was what I thought but in the log cracker isnt showing any airflow. Unless it shows up in the total of follower & not in its own pid.

Does the iac valve control follower & cracker airflow? I have done another log with the iac steps logged as well as follower & cracker. Again follower goes up to 63 in increments & then starts at zero. The iac shows to be stepping up & down but having no effect on follower airflow on the chart. Is this a cumulative chart or should it read with follower demand ? This log is 10000 frames & shows it quite clearly stepping up until it restarts at around frame 4500. I am not sure if I am chasing a problem or not so any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

IAC is responsible for DAF, TC, TF, SU, SUF, and probably one more I'm not thinking of... It controlls all air flow not directly controlled by your gas pedal.

If you are logging VSS and RPM (with matching units to the tune tool), from the scan tool chart view (Dashboard Tab), you can select the data in your log that is giving you a problem.

In the tune tool, the corresponding cells in your calibration should be highlighted as well (automagically - if not let us know).

Select the highlighted cells and reduce them by small increments (2%-5% at a time), then go for a test drive. We start by reducing the calibrated values because you've described the throtle is hanging.

This is basically a wash, rinse, repeat procedure. Took me about 4 or 5 drive cycles to get my low speed drivability back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast