Thread: Thanks Doc and EFI Live

Default Thanks Doc and EFI Live

Hello!

Im new to this Forum, have been lurking and trying to learn as much as possible over the last couple of months, and now that my current project is in the completed catagory i thought id make a post to state how pleased i am with EFI Live, and my tuner who is a member here

Life started for me 6 months ago when i purchased my dream car, 97 C5, always wanted a C5 and finally the right deal landed in my lap and i was able to purchase a 97 55k mile M6 garage queen for a steal of a price, like i said on that day it was like beeing born again!

Now, its not in my nature to leave things stock for very long, so immediately i started looking for performance upgrades, and a local tuner to assist me with everything. The parts were easy to find, what i soon found out was GM tuners are not easy to find in the least where i live!

So, now at this point i had my stockpile of parts, and nobody to tune it. Lots of people said they could but i never got that good feeling that i needed to trust them with my dreamcar. That is until i met Doc! On our first meet he explained to me the power of EFI Live and the Moates Roadrunner, then he explained to me how that would not work with my 97 PCM .

So what to do now, cry over spilled milk or overcome and fix the problem? Fix it Doc said, we'll swap in an 02 PCM and take full advantage of CS05 and the Roadrunner! Daunting task to say the least, nobody had any info on PCM swapping a vette, but fearlessly we tackled the problem and with the power of EFI Live and Docs knowledge we did it, and now everything is 100% functional, all systems are go and i even know how much fuel is in my tank at all times

So, now that everything was tuned, and all mods complete (Heads, Big Cam, Headers full exhaust, LS6 intake CAI and all supporting parts) and the car is in the 450-460 RWHP range i thought, now is the time for the ultimate test, road trip with the wife!!!

Yesterday i took the car on a 275 mile round trip day excursion to Savannah Georgia, car didnt miss a beat, was awesome on the highway of course, but even had amazing manners creeping around in 100 degree heat on 5mph cobblestone roads, and still got 30 MPG on the highway! Other then some slight ringing in the ears (car is pretty loud ) i would say it performed just as well as it did when stock for a roadtrip.

So to wrap it up, chalk me up as one happy EFI Live customer, thanks for providing such a powerful tool and thanks Doc for putting such an awesome tune on my car!
    WWW.EFIAlchemy.com

Lifetime Member

Awesome! Glad to hear everything is running well, and you guys made the right choice swapping an 02+ PCM into it.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Good job.