Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 98 to 99+ fuel system segment swap.

Default 98 to 99+ fuel system segment swap.

I am new to EFILive and am currently having issues getting my fuel gauge to work, gauge is currently pinned at full. The repining was already performed when I purchased the car and I attempted to tune the vehicle but the PCM was locked (fuel gauge working with original PCM). I installed a new pcm out of a 2000 Tahoe and everything is perfect with exception of the fuel gauge.

I have searched on this subject and found that I will need to do a fuel system segment swap (Edit>copy entire segment) using an 02 express van found on holdencrazy.com. Then copy over the tables from the original 98. The only issue is the fact that I cannot click on the copy entire segment from the express van file. What exactly needs to be done? Do I have to license the express van file? Please help I need a gas gauge. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

To swap segments you need to also match the Operating systems. Check out the 2002 Camaro file O/S 12212156 and start with that one as your base file. You can then easily copy the segment from the G van. After the segment has been copied save the file as a new name. Reload the stock 2002 Camaro file and compare, you will need to update all of the Fuel System parameters, calibrations, etc.
    Al

Note: if you have not transfered all of your wiring yet I will be updating my Convert98.doc file soon.
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Wiring is already converted and fuel gauge was working with older PCM. I know that this is a simple question but can I switch my licensed 09381344 to a 12212156 without licensing the 12212156? If so how is it done? Will I have to transfer all my current tables from the 09381344 to the 02 OS? Thanks for the speedy reply!

You license the cable to the PCM, not the VIN or operating system. This won't cost you anything but time and maybe some learning curve frustration. Full flash the PCM with the newly created file and your fuel gauge will work again as long as the fuel gauge wire feed from the PCM to the IPC is in the correct location on the rewire job. After that is done and you see the gauge working, you can get started on all of the transferring of parameters and tables. If you have an automatic this file might be a good start: http://www.holdencrazy.com/EFILive/T...t/00000019.tun
    Al

Alright, I am tranfering from HPTuners so this whole concept is new to me. Once my "PCM" is licensed I can do a write entire using any compatible file? I have successfully transferred the express van Fuel system OS (16264662) to the 02 Camaro OS (12212156) file. Now all that I have to do is transfer over my tables from my current 00 OS to the modified 12212156 OS and perform a write entire at no extra charge?

Another thing, I wrote my first post under Waterbug at a friends house without noticing I was logged in under his user name. Wanted to let anyone who is reading know to prevent confusion.

Transfer the tables from the 12212156 file. If you have not licensed the PCM in question with EFI_Live, you will need to before you program it for the first time. If you have programmed this PCM already once with EFI_Live then there is no more $$$. EFI_Live doesn't charge any more for any custom O/S or mods. You can update that PCM with any EFI_Live software for free.
    Al

That is outstanding! I now have everything transferred over and am now only waiting on my new licensing info/ application key. How long does it take to receive through an e-mail? I purchased an additional VIN at about noon yesterday. Thanks for the help, the information supplied is priceless!!

Welcome to the forum 01midmetws6. Licenses can generally be had in ~24 hours. If more than a day has passed, try sending an email to support@efilive.com or PM'ing Tordne

Contacted help request yesterday, waiting on a response. Still waiting for an e-mail with new auth. code so I can move forward with this.

Alright, so I recieved the extra VIN and licensed the PCM and that went smooth. I attempt to load my modified 02 Camaro tune and it will not write the new operating system into the pcm. It says that the write was succesfull but when you reread the pcm it is still a 2000 OS, also it only takes about 20 seconds to do a complete write. Anything specific that I need to do, what am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by 01midmetws6; October 7th, 2008 at 01:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast