PDA

View Full Version : Ok guys, totally newbie, edgemacate me please :)

Dans91
December 19th, 2004, 09:16 PM
:D

First off, i would like to say that i am happy posting up here :D!!

I met a guy in Scottsdale AZ area that told me all about this, but i didnt quite understand a couple of things.

I really want to use this setup so badly seeing it is pretty much everthing in one right??

I was reading about it on the main pages and this is what i came up with. It can TUNE the car, it can read and log pretty much everything, and it can read the A/F ratio too!! That is my understanding of it so far right? So if i purchased this i dont have to buy a in car A/F wideband reader? That would be absolutely awsome! Also, i have not really seen a price yet, i thought i did but could be wrong. I need to know the price on it? I really am sorry for all the questions, but i want this badly and i am thanking my lucky stars that i didnt buy one of the other tuners that they have out there.

I also read that i can diagnose two vehicles, but can i tune two vehicle also or just one?

Thanks so much guys, and hopefully yall can help me out.

Thanx
Dan

DebianDog
December 20th, 2004, 04:48 AM
You will STILL need a wideband.... as a software wideband does not exist :wink: and Flashscan does not come with one, physically.

I picked up the Innovate Motorsports LM-1 (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lm1.php) myself that will hook-up to the Flashscan "box".

Dans91
December 21st, 2004, 10:04 AM
oh so i have to buy that huh? well what one do i buy, summit has them for 360 for the basic kit. I think i will just go that route then, but do you know how much the tuner efilive isgoing to be? I dont own any eife stuff for the car.

Wow, i thought that there would be alot more feedback but i guess i was wrong huh :) J/K

Well any more feedback would be awsome to have. I think this would be the best route for a beginner because it come with the tuner stuff and the onboard diagnastics and stuff. I am brand new to all this stuff so like i said alot of feedback would just be AWSOME!!

Thanx
Dan

Blacky
December 21st, 2004, 07:45 PM
Sorry :? been busy getting product ready for Jan 03.

Prices are here: http://www.efilive.com/store.html

Quick price summary:
USD $199 to upgrade to FlashScan if you have an existing EFILive Scan Tool Pro package.
USD $699 to purchase FlashScan (which includes everything - except a wide band O2 and controller)

EFILive FlashScan is compatible with any wide band O2 controller that outputs the AFR as an analog voltage in the range 0-4.8 volts.

Regards
Paul

Dans91
December 22nd, 2004, 07:04 AM
so it is going to cost me 898 bux for everything because i dont have any kind of programs from you guys?

Or, the way i am getting it, it is going to cost me 699 right? :) I hope that is the case, cause it may take a little bit, but that is what i will get. Thanks for the feedback guys i really do appreciate it, and thanks for giving me the links to get a a/f wideband reader.

Dan

Dirk Diggler
December 22nd, 2004, 07:48 AM
so it is going to cost me 898 bux for everything because i dont have any kind of programs from you guys?

Dan

huh. Do you allready have Efilive v6 software? If you do then its 199.99 to upgrade. If you dont have any softwzre and this is your first tunning package then you will have to pay 699. for the whole thing. If you still beleive its 899. you can send the 200.00 difference to my paypal account ;)

Dans91
December 22nd, 2004, 11:31 AM
huh. Do you allready have Efilive v6 software? If you do then its 199.99 to upgrade. If you dont have any softwzre and this is your first tunning package then you will have to pay 699. for the whole thing. If you still beleive its 899. you can send the 200.00 difference to my paypal account ;)

LOL, i will keep that in mind :lol:

Well it looks like i will be getting this setup and spending the extra 200 towards my new a/f monitor. I really cant wait to do this because last time i got my car tuned, it was 400 bones and it was done by mike morgan :evil: and i am pretty sure you know all about his tuning :roll: I have had the car tuned like three time, i should have saved my money for this :wink:

Thanks for everything guys and hopefully if i have any other questions i can ask yall about them.

lataz
Dan

Blacky
December 22nd, 2004, 01:28 PM
I also read that i can diagnose two vehicles, but can i tune two vehicle also or just one?
Dan

You can diagnose (i.e. use the scan tool) on as many vehicles as you like, there is no restriction.
If you order FlashScan in Jan 2005, you get 4 PCM licenses so you can tune up to 4 PCMs (vehicles) of your choice. (From Feb 2005 you only get 2).

Regards
Paul

Dans91
December 22nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
OMG up to 4 different VIN'S!!! :shock: Wow i am defenently there. I mean that is awsome that you guys are doing this.

I just talked to the master (wife) and she will be letting me get this!! SWEET.

Yall have really made my day for shure!! Thanks for hookin me up on the info and i cant wait for it to come out!

Dans

BowlingSS
December 24th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Good luck. It is a learning curve to understand all the tuning but there are a lot of forume to help you out. Just do small changes at a time and keep a copy of the PCM before and after. You will also need a notebook for making changes.

BowlingSS

Dans91
December 25th, 2004, 02:19 PM
yeah, but i would rather go this route because it has all the diagnostic tools that i need to see if i messed something up, plus i will have the A/F meter in the car too just to make sure everything is flowing right :)

Shouldnt be that hard, and i will save before i do anything at all LOL. It will be fun for shure.

Dan

GMPX
December 25th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Shouldnt be that hard.

Dan

Dan, if it were as easy as 1-2-3 then GM would get the office staff to tune the latest vehicles. It's not 'easy' but as was mentioned earlier, there is plenty of folks out there in cyberspace willing to assist.

Cheers,
Ross

Dans91
December 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM
ok, why does it seem like you are not trying to sell me on this product?

Dan

GMPX
December 25th, 2004, 05:20 PM
ok, why does it seem like you are not trying to sell me on this product?

Dan

Because I don't want you to buy it with the mind set there will be a big magic button that says add 100HP, or make my car stop hunting at idle etc. Given your listed combo is S/C as well it is going to be REALLY easy to hurt that motor if you change something too far.

I would suggest joining a few LS1 tuning forums and just have a read of the kind of issues those new to tuning run into etc, or even a few books on the subject.

I guess the point I am trying to make is if you purchase QuickBooks or MYOB, you don't become an accountant over night though it can be learned.

Cheers,
Ross

Dans91
December 25th, 2004, 06:08 PM
And ross, i assure you that i am quite aware of that. I have had my car 3 times now so i know how difficult it can be. I have tuned my 91 camaro (which in my opinion is a little more difficult) a couple of times now and she seems to be doing pretty good.

When i say beginner, i say that becuse it will be the first to the LS1 era :)

I really am looking foward to getting my hands on this software though, and like i said earlyier, i am glad it can be through EFI live for the simple fact that i feel more comfortable using this program compared to the others :)

If i run into any problems i will be sure to ask on this board for it seems like there is some pretty darn knowaldable people here :)

Thanks for the help guys and take it easy

lataz
Dan