PDA

View Full Version : I need major LC1 hookup help!

Chris81
September 17th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Alright.. i've read all the tutorials, manuals.. etc.. but I still need some hard info..

I have the LC1 with the dynotune gauge.. hooked up like that it works great.. from the WB to the gauge..

And, I AM NOT USING THE STOCK LOCATION.. I have a bung.

Now;

For flashscan I have selected the following PIDs.. BEN_LC11.. and I get this in the info box..

PID value cannot be determined because
the following error would occur:
Divide by zero.

I also have selected AD1 and AFR_LC11

Now, I have the brown wire (analog 2) going to pin E

Here is were I get really lost.. is there a way to see the read out on the gauge and also record thru Flashscan? I would like to know very specifically what wires to use (with color, please) especially the grounds, either way.. even if I can't run the gauge and the flashscan.

I have already tryed many ground combos but from what the instructions say..

I put the white and green wires to the pin D, and I fired up flashscan.. validated etc.. and nothing.. it reads the same whether it is plugged into the interface or not. Also, after i disconnected my gauge didn't work right because it wasn't grounded.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??

PLEASE PLEASE help, i've been struggling and I figure it is something simple that i'm overlooking but all I know is it will not show the AF that the gauge is, then I unhook the pins from the flashscan and it reads the same through the scantool.. so obviously its not getting through somehow.

Thanks,

Chris

Blacky
September 17th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Red = 12V battery power (do not connect to FlashScan)
Blue = vehicle's chassis ground (do not connect to FlashScan)
White = vehicle's chassis ground (do not connect to FlashScan)
Yellow = not used with FlashScan
Brown = FlashScan Pin C or E *
Green = FlashScan Pin D
Black = not used with FlashScan.

If you use Pin C, then select the following PIDs:
{EXT.AD2}
{CALC.BEN_LC12}
{CALC.AFR_LC12}

If you use Pin E, then select the following PIDs:
{EXT.AD1}
{CALC.BEN_LC11}
{CALC.AFR_LC11}

For the above PIDs to operate correctly you also need to select {GM.AFR}

Regards
Paul

Chris81
September 17th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Will this work with the gauge as well?

If I have:

{EXT.AD1}
{CALC.BEN_LC11}
{CALC.AFR_LC11}
{GM.AFR}

All I need to do with the software is validate when I plug in the pin connector to flashscan right?

Is there anything else with the software?

Blacky
September 17th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Calculated PIDs are automatcially marked as valid as soon as all the PIDs used in the calculation are validated. So really the only PID that needs to be validated from the vehicle is the {GM.AFR} PID.
You will continue to see the "div by zero" warning until you actually start logging data.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
September 17th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Will this work with the gauge as well?
I don't know, I do not have a gauge to test.
Maybe someone with an electrical/electronic background can answer. Having both hooked up *may* skew the reading - I do not know.

Paul

SS2win
September 18th, 2005, 03:05 AM
If the gauge is not hooked to the serial port then I hopes that it can use the AD1 (0-1V) and flash scan can use AD2 (0-5V). Also the LC1 manual says to connect the White wire to the analog out device so I tied it in with the Green.

Chris81
September 18th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Red = 12V battery power (do not connect to FlashScan)
Blue = vehicle's chassis ground (do not connect to FlashScan)
White = vehicle's chassis ground (do not connect to FlashScan)
Yellow = not used with FlashScan
Brown = FlashScan Pin C or E *
Green = FlashScan Pin D
Black = not used with FlashScan.

If you use Pin C, then select the following PIDs:
{EXT.AD2}
{CALC.BEN_LC12}
{CALC.AFR_LC12}

If you use Pin E, then select the following PIDs:
{EXT.AD1}
{CALC.BEN_LC11}
{CALC.AFR_LC11}

For the above PIDs to operate correctly you also need to select {GM.AFR}

Regards
Paul

Well, it was hooked up like you say and it still does not work.. its like the flashscan doesn't see it at all. the gauge reads 14.5-15.0 at idle and the WBO2 date says 11.8 or so.. observating or recording. It reads the same whether it is plugged in or not.

I also cut the source wire to the gauge to see if that is the problem and it didn't make a difference.

Anything else you could think of?

Should there be a certain voltage that the AD1 should read..etc?

Chris81
September 18th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Here is one more question.. would I need to recalibrate the LC1 (free air) to work with Flashscan if it has already been calibrated? (Dynotune instructions states that they calibrated the LC1 when it was setup to work with their gauge).. could this be my problem?

Chris81
September 18th, 2005, 12:51 PM
TTT

Blacky
September 18th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Here is one more question.. would I need to recalibrate the LC1 (free air) to work with Flashscan if it has already been calibrated? (Dynotune instructions states that they calibrated the LC1 when it was setup to work with their gauge).. could this be my problem?

No, once it is calibrated it will output the correct voltage for any external data logger - EFILive included.

Regards
Paul

Chris81
September 18th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Hmm, I can't seem to figure out why it won't work then.. lol

There must be something I overlooked. :(

SSpdDmon
September 19th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Hmm, I can't seem to figure out why it won't work then.. lol

There must be something I overlooked. :(

Do you have the system ground connected to Flashscan? There should be wires for heater ground, switched 12v heater power, analog 1, analog 2, system ground, and a calibration wire. I connected my system ground through the middle pin on the orange connector and the analog to one of the outside pins. Works great as long as you make sure your analog signal is calibrated correctly.

joecar
September 19th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Tie Analog Ground and System Ground together.
Keep Heater Ground separate.
Make sure 12V and Heater Ground are connected.

mistermike
September 19th, 2005, 03:33 AM
A good test, suggested by Klaus at Innovate, that will reveal any ground offset problems:

Set both AFR/Lambda points in the LM Programmer to the same voltage. Then read the A/D voltage in the scan tool. Be sure to re boot the LC-1 first. If there's a discrepancy, it can then be compensated in the LC-1 programming, or in the CALC PID if you're feeling frisky. I had a slight discrepancy due to tolerances in the A/D and D/A's building up on one of my LC-1's. I'll probably start a different post describing the calibration process.

87gmc
September 19th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Chris if you still cant get it give me a call and maybe I can swing by and give you a hand. I had trouble at first with mine but then got it working finally.

ZL1Killa
September 25th, 2005, 05:40 PM
does this work the same way with the lm-1???