PDA

View Full Version : need help PC problems

way2much_01
February 12th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I updated my laptop and it was wiped clean I installed the new efi live and went to hook the scanner up and it said not connected I put my vin in and the same thing?

joecar
February 12th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Questions:
- when you plug in FlashScan into your PC, do you hear Windows make the USB connect sound (is the FTDI driver loaded...?)...?
- Which version of software did you install (did you get the latest...?)...?

way2much_01
February 13th, 2009, 08:14 AM
yes I downlaoded the latest. it's saying that the interface or usb cable is not connected. when I plug it into my computer it turns on though?

joecar
February 13th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Do you have FlashScan V1 (LEDs) or V2 (LEDs and LCD)...?

Oh, you have V2, and when you plug V2 into your PC your V2 turns on...?

So you're saying it is not connecting to your vehicle...?

Check the CIG/ASSY fuse as this powers the OBD-II port.

Blacky
February 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Make sure the cable setting in the Scan Tool Properties window (Edit->Properties) is set correctly.

If your FlashScan V2 has V2.4.xx firmware then use the setting: EFILive FlashScan V2 (USB)

If your FlashScan V2 has V2.5.xx firmware then use the setting: EFILive FlashScan V2.5 (HAPI)

Also, try running the USBView program (\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\USBView
It will show you if Windows can see the FlashScan device. FlashScan should appear as one of the USB devices in the USBView display.

Regards
Paul

way2much_01
February 16th, 2009, 10:16 AM
ok I checked the usbview and it is showing that it is connected. this is what I get when I click the connet button Error code: ERR_NOCABLE/31

No interface cable found.

way2much_01
February 16th, 2009, 10:17 AM
who do I contact if I lost the pass key or what ever it is?

joecar
February 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
ok I checked the usbview and it is showing that it is connected. this is what I get when I click the connet button Error code: ERR_NOCABLE/31

No interface cable found.And you are certain you have the V2->vehicle cable properly connected at both ends...?

Is the cable damaged...?
Check the connectors at both ends of the cable for pin damage.

I pm'd Paul.

way2much_01
February 16th, 2009, 11:36 AM
thanks tjeres nothing wrong with vehicle cable or the usb cable like I said after I had my laptop wiped I had this problem. Im not gonna have to buy new license am I?

joecar
February 16th, 2009, 11:47 AM
No... a license is consumed only when flashing a particular PCM/ECM/TCM for the very first time.

joecar
February 16th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Make sure the cable setting in the Scan Tool Properties window (Edit->Properties) is set correctly.

If your FlashScan V2 has V2.4.xx firmware then use the setting: EFILive FlashScan V2 (USB)

If your FlashScan V2 has V2.5.xx firmware then use the setting: EFILive FlashScan V2.5 (HAPI)Did you try that...?

joecar
February 16th, 2009, 11:49 AM
who do I contact if I lost the pass key or what ever it is?I'll pm'ed Tech Support.

Blacky
February 16th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Send your FlashScan serial number to me at paul@efilive.com.
You can get the serial number FlashScan's LCD screen by selecting:
F4 Options -> F3 Licensing -> F1 License Details

However, not having the registration info will not cause the problem you are seeing. The software is designed to use the license information from the FlashScan cable if it is connected to the PC.

Regards
Paul

way2much_01
February 16th, 2009, 01:26 PM
ok thanks