PDA

View Full Version : Strange thing happened... Logging wouldnt start

SS2win
September 17th, 2005, 12:36 PM
I finally got time to flash in the bin I've been working on and go out for some AutoVE tuning. Everything went well until I tried to log. THe dashboard displayed the first frame of data and then got stuck. Frames did not increment and the status showed paused even though I just pressed the record button. I checked my pids and such but I am clueless to what was going on. this was with 008 and all cals/tun updates. I rebooted the laptop and disconnected flashscan several times trying to get it to work.. no luck.

Any ideas?

Blacky
September 17th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Do you get any message on the [Console (F12)] tab page?

After it fails, press Ctrl+G to generate a user error report. Save the report and send it to me at paul@efilive.com.

It is usually a DMA PID or an unsupported GM PID that is not being processed correctly by the PCM. Have you selected a PID that you do not normally log?

Thanks
Paul

SS2win
September 18th, 2005, 03:26 PM
its weird for sure. only pids selected are what is in the autove doc. email sent...

Blacky
September 18th, 2005, 04:41 PM
its weird for sure. only pids selected are what is in the autove doc. email sent...

Weird is correct. It looks like a bug with EFILive when only two packets (between 7 and 12 channels selected ) are requested in high speed mode. As a temporary workaround, try changing the logging mode to Dynamic when you have 12 or less channels. Remember to change it back again when you're done.

Properties->Logging->Scan Mode->Dynamic.

Meanwhile, I will investigate the problem...

Paul

SS2win
September 19th, 2005, 09:03 AM
ok I got a minute to test it out. set dynamic and no change so I tried resetting all preferences and it started working. sure wish I had some sort of system snapshot so we could see what condition caused that problem. all AOK AFAIK

Blacky
September 19th, 2005, 10:56 AM
ok I got a minute to test it out. set dynamic and no change so I tried resetting all preferences and it started working. sure wish I had some sort of system snapshot so we could see what condition caused that problem. all AOK AFAIK

You can save the registry settings for EFILive like this:
Start->Run->Regedit->Ok
Navigate to key:
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7\Properties
Right click on "Properties" and select export.
Save the *.reg file and there's your snapshot.

So if it ever happens again, then BEFORE you reset all properties, take a snapshot and send it to me :)

NEVER double click on the *.reg file, it will update your registry with the saved settings in the *.reg file (unless of course, that is the desired result).

Regards
Paul

SS2win
September 19th, 2005, 12:14 PM
ok yeah I should have thought of looking there....