PDA

View Full Version : Shift timming

bdr2008
February 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Can anyone give me the name of someone who is good with allison trans. tunes. I want to change the shift timming at low throttle for a tighter shift but don't want to trash parts. Nobody seems SURE how to do it safely. Scared and looking to buy this tune:confused:

DmaxHawk
February 15th, 2009, 04:44 PM
You might want to talk to Mike L. and see what he says. Mike is probably the best Allison guy in the US.

bdr2008
February 16th, 2009, 04:56 AM
Where do I find Mike L.

vortecfcar
February 16th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Mike will probably tell you not to adjust these parameters.

I would recommend that if you want a firmer shift that you lower the desired shift time vs. TPS modifier table 25ms increments in the cells 0-50TPS and allow the trans a couple of days to learn in between your adjustments. I have my trans tuned to shift nice and firm at part throttle using this method.

I would not advise remote tuning these parameters as the consequences could be ugly.

Nick

bdr2008
February 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
Sorry, Nick I am not that smart at this but what do you mean when you say remote tuning?

DmaxHawk
February 16th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Where do I find Mike L.

Mike's shop is 724-870-7300

Mike will probably tell you not to adjust these parameters.

I would recommend that if you want a firmer shift that you lower the desired shift time vs. TPS modifier table 25ms increments in the cells 0-50TPS and allow the trans a couple of days to learn in between your adjustments. I have my trans tuned to shift nice and firm at part throttle using this method.

I would not advise remote tuning these parameters as the consequences could be ugly.

Nick
X2

vortecfcar
February 16th, 2009, 07:34 PM
By remote, I mean sending tunes via email or posting them. It's something you want to feel while driving and tune from there.

Nick :)

bdr2008
February 17th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Thank everyone I will let you know how I make out..