PDA

View Full Version : Conversion of Auto to manual.

odd boy
February 16th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Hi,

I converted the trans of commodore 04 from Auto to manual. I have installed the clutch switch, any idea what else is needed, what should I connect to C#35 and what I need to remove from the ECU too?

odd boy
February 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Hey buddy,no opinion!!!! :help2:

joecar
February 17th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I don't know all the variables, but here goes:

That's the 4L60E/4L65E converted to T56, right...?

I'm not sure what that pin is...?
The ECM requires an input to know when the clutch is disengaged.

If you have a engine+trans controller, then change the transmission segment to the one from same car/OS with manual transmission;
same with transmission diagnostic segment.

You don't want the wires for these AT solenoids/sensors:
shift A
shift B,
3-2 control
TCC Enable,
TCC PWM.
PCS
TFT
pressure switches (encoded in 3 wires)
brake switch for TCC unlock
PN position switch for enabling/disabling starter relay (-> clutch starter disable)

Some of those AT wires use pins common with the MT pins (clutch switch, skip shift), so check if you may be able to reuse any wiring.

VSS should be the same, altho the connector may be different, I'm not sure.

I don't think you want the skip shift function... just edit it out... I'm not sure of the details.

Ok, I see you have the clutch switch... Is there only one clutch switch...? I thought there were two...?

You have the clutch master/slave cylinders, and the manual trans mount/crossmember...?

You may want to do the clutch master cylinder drill mod (see www.ls1tech.com (http://www.ls1tech.com/)).

odd boy
February 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
thanks, u r always ......

johnv
February 18th, 2009, 08:58 AM
just do a full flash with a manual calibration for the same year and model and set the diff ratio to what ever you have.

if already tuned, just copy and paste the modified tables from your original tune file accross to the manual operating system you have loaded.