PDA

View Full Version : Cannot merge calibrations with operating system file

Boost
February 16th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I am unable to read / flash an LBZ that I've previously programmed, since his dealer reflash with a newer calibration. I thought updating my software would easily fix the issue but it did not. I am sure it is something very sipmle, here is the message I keep getting at the end of an attempted read:

"Cannot merge with operating system file C:/ProgramFiles/Efilive/v7.5/Z8bin/Configuration"

then:

"Range check error"

Please advise me on what to do about this, I really appreciate it!

joecar
February 16th, 2009, 04:20 AM
Is your EFILive V7.5 software at build 80...?

Blacky
February 16th, 2009, 06:46 AM
"Cannot merge with operating system file C:/ProgramFiles/Efilive/v7.5/Z8bin/Configuration"

Are you 100% sure that is the exact message you are getting?

In the latest software release, it says:
Cannot merge calibrations with CPU system file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\Z89.ext

The filename at the end may be different, but the message should say exactly that. If not, then you are probably running an older version of the software. I recommend updating to the latest V7.5.5 from our web site downloads page here:
http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=124
Then after it is installed, run the Start menu option:
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V7.5->Tools->Check for new updates.

Regards
Paul

Boost
February 16th, 2009, 09:22 AM
It's Z8B, and yes that is the exact message. Thanks for the response, please help me figure this out. I will once again check the biuld # when I get out of work, but I think it's 86 or eighty something. In any case, what is that message referring to? Am I going to be able to do it, it just has to do with the newer cal, right? Thanks a lot again guys.

GMPX
February 16th, 2009, 09:40 AM
We added support for that new OS late December 2008, if you have updated everything since then you should be set to go. The error you are seeing indicates that the software has not been updated.

Cheers,
Ross

Boost
February 17th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Does anything else need to be updated if I have the latest software? Any folders / bins need to be moved? I know sometimes you have to update the firmware in the Flashscan and update the driver, but that doesn't seem to be the problem here. Let me wait until I give this another try before I bother you guys again. Thanks for explaining the message.

Blacky
February 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM
When you install the V7.5.5 software and "check for updates" you'll have everything you need to solve the problem you are seeing.

However, I recommend downloading and installing V8.1.2 and also checking for updates for that software as well. That will provide black box logging features and more importantly the latest firmware for FlashScan. Once V8.1.2 is installed and updated, run the EFILive_Explorer program.

When that program is started it also starts a background process called EFILive_Hapi. EFILive_Hapi automatically scans the available firmware updates (that were installed when V8.1.2 was installed/updated) and compares the available firmware with the current firmware in your FlashScan device.

A message balloon will appear on EFILive_Hapi's system tray icon (at the end of the Windows task bar) advising you that updated firmware is available. Click on the balloon to make it go away, then click on the FlashScan system tray icon. That will open EFILive_Hapi and you should see a window with a button in it asking you to upgrade your firmware.

If you boot block also needs updating, please read the document: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading Firmware before attempting to upgrade the firmware. There are a number of situations that you need to avoid that can cause the FlashSCan device to quite working - requiring you to return it to EFILive.

Regards
Paul

blackdeath
February 17th, 2009, 04:32 PM
hey guys ,, if i get my recall done on my lmm for the ecu , will the efi work as normal ,, take tune out when i go , and reinstall when i pick the truck up again???

thankx

Boost
February 19th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Turns out I have build 72! Will update tonight, and go see the customer this weekend. I appreciate the detailed info Paul and thanks everyone for your time. You're all great!

blackdeath, the answer to your question is yes.

joecar
February 19th, 2009, 04:09 AM
blackdeath, welcome to the forum...:cheers:

Be sure to have the latest V7.5 software (build 80 or later).

blackdeath
February 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
thankx guys , and i do ,,

Boost
February 23rd, 2009, 02:30 AM
Success!!! (with build 81) Everything went smooth and the customer is very happy. P&R to the rescue again! You guys simply rock :rockon:

SESAP
January 1st, 2017, 07:26 AM
Hello Folks, I am having a similar problem as stated above. First off I must say I only use EFI Live on my personal trucks so my experience with this nature of problem is limited. Next I bought a wrecked 2007 2500 Silverado and had the damage fixed (nothing with engine ecu's etc etc). The truck before I acquired it had the egr delete and turbo back exhaust installed. My assumption is someone has had a "plug and play" tuner to delete egr related issues, and that tuner was removed before the insurance company totaled the truck. My problems now are that I need to update the ecm for the egr delete but when I try to download either with 7.5 or 8 I get "Merge file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Merge\M~~.cmz not found" I hadnt used my software in about 6 months so I made sure all was up to date and updated firmware then software 7.5 then software 8 then firmware again then double checked that all were current in updates. What my next step? I'm sure it going to be something simple stupid that I'm overlooking.

Thank You

SESAP
January 1st, 2017, 07:29 AM
to add note to above
I downloaded transmission ecm with no issues and Im able to open tables etc..etc..

joecar
January 1st, 2017, 09:04 PM
Which software build version are you running (go Help->About)...?

SESAP
January 2nd, 2017, 10:47 AM
EFILive_Tune.exe V7.59 (Build 318)

Version: 8.2.4 Build 312

SESAP
January 2nd, 2017, 10:49 AM
EFILive_Tune.exe V7.59 (Build 318)

Version: 8.2.4 Build 312

windows 7 ultimate operating system
windows 10 pro upgrade in near future

joecar
January 2nd, 2017, 03:04 PM
I pm'd Paul (the software developer).

SESAP
January 3rd, 2017, 12:27 PM
Thank you

SESAP
January 3rd, 2017, 12:29 PM
Is it possible that a previous tuner has ecm locked or coded so I can't download?? I was just curious being I can download and modify transmission. Tcm

Blacky
January 3rd, 2017, 01:30 PM
Hello Folks, I am having a similar problem as stated above. First off I must say I only use EFI Live on my personal trucks so my experience with this nature of problem is limited. Next I bought a wrecked 2007 2500 Silverado and had the damage fixed (nothing with engine ecu's etc etc). The truck before I acquired it had the egr delete and turbo back exhaust installed. My assumption is someone has had a "plug and play" tuner to delete egr related issues, and that tuner was removed before the insurance company totaled the truck. My problems now are that I need to update the ecm for the egr delete but when I try to download either with 7.5 or 8 I get "Merge file: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Merge\M~~.cmz not found" I hadnt used my software in about 6 months so I made sure all was up to date and updated firmware then software 7.5 then software 8 then firmware again then double checked that all were current in updates. What my next step? I'm sure it going to be something simple stupid that I'm overlooking.

Thank You

The ECM should contain a 2 character code should match the last two characters of one of the base filenames in the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Merge
Unfortunately, the ECM actually contains the two characters "~~" - which represents deleted/corrupt data in the ECM. The ECM is either modified or damaged in such a way that EFILive cannot determine which base file to use. It may need to be returned to stock by the original tuner or you may be able to reflash it (using EFILive) with a known good stock file.

Regards
Paul

SESAP
January 3rd, 2017, 01:45 PM
I should be able to come up with a stock file A quick question for LBZ is are there multiple operating systems and can I find out which one I have by ecm numbers or vin. Re flashing with previous tuner will be all but impossible as this truck was bought at auction. Thanks for the help

Blacky
January 3rd, 2017, 01:54 PM
I should be able to come up with a stock file A quick question for LBZ is are there multiple operating systems and can I find out which one I have by ecm numbers or vin. Re flashing with previous tuner will be all but impossible as this truck was bought at auction. Thanks for the help

Use EFILive V8 ->[F4: OBD]->[Auto Detect]->[Retrieve All Information]
That should list all the relevant information (that hasn't been deleted/corrupted) about the ECM and TCM. If you can find a stock tune with a matching Operating System number then you could try to flash that in.

Regards
Paul

SESAP
January 3rd, 2017, 01:55 PM
Thanks I will start my hunt for a file and try it

ScarabEpic22
January 4th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Worst case, I imagine GM SPS could flash the correct stock file in, if you have access to it and/or cannot find an appropriate base file. The larger tuner shops can provide you a base file for a nominal fee, might be a good option.

SESAP
January 4th, 2017, 09:22 AM
I retrieved info from ecm and If im looking at this right its showing a LMM op system in an 07 truck

Main Operating System 12628594-

SESAP
January 4th, 2017, 09:46 AM
well problem fixed without reflashing new file DUMBASS me was downloading e35a not (B) for Lmm thanks for all your help Im up and going now

Thanks Again I figured it was something simple stupid that I messed up