PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Help me Tune for Off the Line Boost Table (B913)

MN C5
September 18th, 2005, 08:00 AM
I'm putting a new fuel system in my turbo truck right now and cant log the info I'd like. Mabey someone could help....

I'd like to see which cells in table (B5913) I need to adjust to lower timing levels from 1800rpms to 3200rpms at moderate boost from a few pounds to 8 or 10... I'm thinking that dropping the timing to single digits will build more heat therefore more boost. So if anyone has logged or could log Dynamic Air per Cyl (GMDYNCYLAIR_DMA) at boost I'd really appreciate the help.

My problem is that my truck has enough HP without boost that it only stays in 1st gear for mabey 2.5 seconds or less. And the turbo hasn't completely spooled as I'm only seeing single digit boost numbers at the 1/2 shift. So I thought I'd spend a little time putting together some tables until my fuel system is finished.

My boost controller is set at 18lbs right now and I can only build 5lbs by stalling the converter. FWIW I should probably go to a looser TC but that won't happen till winter. Right now I've got a 2600 stall which was good for my Radix but is a little to tight for my rear turbo setup.

Thanks

Dennis

MN C5
September 19th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Someone has to be able to help??? Or should I try the HPT site :roll:

GMPX
September 19th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Someone has to be able to help??? Or should I try the HPT site :roll:

Dennis, your post would last one day tops if you mention you are using the 'other' program :wink:

To track the log for the spark maps you just need to log SAE.RPM and GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA.
You might also find this worth a read -
http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1352

I listed some suggested PID's to log that will usually allow you to track the scan data back into every spark and fuel map.

HTH,
ROss

MN C5
September 19th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Somehow it was funny when I typed it :oops: It didn't come across very well. I guess my sense of humor only works when people are actually in my company... or at least I'd like to think so..

Thanks for being so gracious :D

GMPX
September 19th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Dennis,

Australian humour is based on sarcasm, it can truley offend those that don't understand it, therefore your post was fine in my book!. I got it :)

Cheers,
Ross