PDA

View Full Version : Need help to make big tune

farmer
February 19th, 2009, 04:32 AM
I just wondered if someone could help me, To know how to build a tune.I would like to know how to make 500hp at rear wheels. Thanks

GAMEOVER
February 19th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Diesel's right contact www.Duramaxtuner.com

hot-dog
February 20th, 2009, 03:23 AM
i would go with about 30* of peak timing and then just keep logging it and adding pw untill youve got as much pulse width as your pump can handle without your rail pressure getting too low. 21k psi is ideal but realistically more pulse width will still pickup more power down to about 18k... just watch your egts... you will probably need a lift pump to get to 500, some cp3s are better then others though, it is possible without one if your lucky.

farmer
February 20th, 2009, 05:45 AM
I sorry im new at this,Do you mean on MAIN INJ. PULSE. I have a lift pump,Its a raptor HP150.I have never loged before, not sure really how.Thanks

GMC-2002-Dmax
February 21st, 2009, 03:58 AM
Get a transmission first, 500 HP will make short work of the transmission.......:welcome:

uwyo_dmax
February 21st, 2009, 05:43 AM
Yep he means the main injection pulse. Logging isn't to difficult...check this video out http://www.tutorials.duramaxtuner.com/UsingTheScanTool.html

On edit: I guess this doesn't help you get started logging but it helps once you have a log to look at.

hot-dog
February 23rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
It took me a little while to get familiar with what to log and what it means. I would play around with logging a little while and get a better understanding on how a tune works before you start on a big tune.