PDA

View Full Version : 5.3 LS Into 95 Sierra

RacerChris
February 19th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Hello to all and Its good to be back!!
I am doing a LS swap into a 95 Sierra and I am having the following issue.
I go to start the engine and it will fire for about 1-1.5 seconds and then die. I have spark, I have about 59 PSI of fuel rail pressure, but for whatever reason its a no-go. I tried disabling VATS through EFI Live but got the same thing. Maybe I did not disable it correctly???
You should also probably know I am using a 02 Camaro 411 PCM and a Painless wiring stand-alone wire kit.
My thought is that it could have something to do with no body controll module not being installed, if this is the case how and where can I tune that out?
My last question is why in the hell is the injector flow rate in the 5.3 Tunes the same through the whole manifold pressure range???
Thank you for your time, its much appreciated!

joecar
February 19th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hi RC,

This may help: showthread.php?t=10047&highlight=VATS (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=10047&highlight=VATS)

The IFR on the trucks is the same value flat all across because they use a manifold-referenced fuel pressure regulator (with a return line back to the tank)...

the manifold-referenced regulator keeps the pressure differential across any injector constant regardless of MAP.

More info: showthread.php?t=4821 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=4821)

RacerChris
February 22nd, 2009, 05:32 PM
Well, after going through the three basic needs for fire I determined it to be fuel as I knew for sure I was getting air and spark. After pulling the injector rail and leaving the injectors pluged in I unpluged the coils and found that 4 Injectors were not firing at all. I guess they became clogged with varnish after sitting for a few years in a drawer! :badidea:
I was able to get two of them to start firing but the other two I think are done. I already ordered a used set off of Ebay but does anyone have any ideas on how to get them unclogged???
Thanks for the help!