PDA

View Full Version : Dire need of pcm help! (no status in efilive)

edwardzracing
February 20th, 2009, 11:14 PM
I don't know what I've done in my PCM swap (98 to 2000), but I cannot get EFILive to give me a "Status OK" when I try to download the tune. I had it working once, then went through all the wiring again to clean it up, and now I can't get it to give me the "Status OK"

Can anyone please tell me what wires HAVE to be connected to the PCM in order for EFILive to connect to the car? When I plug the cable in from the OBD2 port to my FlashScan, it will power on the FlashScan device. My FlashScan device communicates just fine with the laptop, but EFILive will not connect to my PCM.

I've checked all the fuses, and none are bad... I'm stumped... perhaps a wire got pulled out or came loose somehow at the PCM? That's why I'd really like to know what wires MUST be connected in order to get a status.

I know my FlashScan works because I can use it on my truck just fine. I really think I must have pulled a wire accidentally or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Brad

ChipsByAl
February 21st, 2009, 02:59 AM
Is this for a camaro/firebird PCM change or something else?
Al

ChipsByAl
February 21st, 2009, 03:14 AM
For the 98 to 99-02 swap using the LS1 style PCM, refer to my document
http://www.chipsbyal.com/convert98/2002checkAUTO.xls
Locate Connector 1 the blue connector and check pins 1, 19, 20, 57 and 58. Those are all it takes to read and write to the PCM. You can probably get away with less than those too.

Note: The color codes and pins were derived from my pin swap document, colors may be different and terminals could be in other locations on other vehicles.

Al

mr.prick
February 21st, 2009, 04:07 AM
Make sure the scan.exe is not connected while trying to read/write to the PCM.:throw:

driver456
February 21st, 2009, 04:12 AM
I read on another forum that he did not plug his cig lighter back in when he had his dash apart,So it works now.Pretty sure its the same guy..................Paul