PDA

View Full Version : converter locking in 2nd & 3rd @ WOT

Superado
February 26th, 2009, 02:45 AM
we have set everything we can think of to keep it from locking...with NO luck!
ONLY way we can keep it from locking is thru the scanning software...manually overriding the solenoid...
locks and unlocks just fine when daily driving...

this started happening after the new, higher stall converter was installed...

any thoughts?
something we may be missing?

some of the things in the tune may seem odd because the most common settings were not working, so we changed some around...

thanks in advance!

joecar
February 26th, 2009, 03:39 AM
All you changed was the converter...?

I've been scratching my head when I looked at your file on ls1tech (even after I realized I misread the title/post... poor speed reading skills...).

I agree, there are various tables in there that don't look right.

I don't think this is it, but D1207 seems too close to D1206.

Superado
February 26th, 2009, 03:49 AM
I don't have my laptop w/ me right now...
I'll see if I can find the tune that would probably seem common in the tranny calibration settings for WOT that we were using prior to the swap...every tune since it started locking is wacked because we've been changing things to try and get it to NOT lock...

what is Ed referring to in regards to those settings are not for WOT...???

Superado
February 26th, 2009, 03:59 AM
All you changed was the converter...?

I've been scratching my head when I looked at your file on ls1tech (even after I realized I misread the title/post... poor speed reading skills...).

I agree, there are various tables in there that don't look right.

I don't think this is it, but D1207 seems too close to D1206.

if I'm @ 100% TPS, as the log shows...do I still need to adjust D1207 and D1206?

joecar
February 26th, 2009, 04:07 AM
what is Ed referring to in regards to those settings are not for WOT...???I had not seen "@WOT" in your post title and for an unknown reason I had not seen "unlocks just fine when daily driving"...
so then I proceeded to say to edit the part throttle TCC apply/release tables... :doh::doh::doh::bangin:

Ed was pointing out that those tables I mentioned were for PT rather than WOT...

D1001-D1006 are PT tables.

Superado
February 26th, 2009, 04:14 AM
but those are still the ones that we have always adjusted to prevent WOT lock up...hmmm...
what tables besides D1207 and D1206 are for WOT then, since they are only TPS related?
I would assume that those alone should still prevent lock up @ 100% TPS WOT...???
would anything interfere w/ those two commands?

joecar
February 26th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I think that the PCM sees your MAF maxing out, and after delaying a moment, it then locks the TCC.

Superado
February 26th, 2009, 04:27 AM
so, cablebandit's (and anyone else's for that matter) NOT locking @ WOT is due to being SD?

joecar
February 26th, 2009, 04:28 AM
what is Ed referring to in regards to those settings are not for WOT...???
I don't think the TCC WOT tables "exist" yet (not discovered/published)...

Edit: Oh, I see Ed says they were discontinued.

joecar
February 26th, 2009, 04:33 AM
so, cablebandit's (and anyone else's for that matter) not locking is due to being SD?Very possibly, I was going to say this:

If you can run in SD, and you see it unlock then the MAF pegging out is the problem.

joecar
February 26th, 2009, 04:37 AM
joecar...did you read what Ed just posted? This is still not explained...

this started happening after the new, higher stall converter was installed...

Superado
February 26th, 2009, 04:59 AM
This is still not explained...

well...I started thinking about that...
other than WOT tuning sessions on the street...the first three track days after installing the 4L80e resulted in either water pump pulley being snatched off (twice), the P1SC taking a dump, or repeatedly hitting the rev limiter on both the 1-2 and 2-3...so...having said that...we probably wouldn't have known whether it was locking or not...I know for a fact that we weren't logging it...
the TCC in the first converter that I was running w/ the 4L80e went South shortly after that and I ordered the new converter...
We only started logging TCC MODE after the TCC went out on the first one...this info learned today may very well be the reason why though...
as far as I know...the 4L60e NEVER had this issue...
just spoke w/ cablebandit and he said that he can change those same tables said to be PT only and is able to lock and unlock his...and he is SD...
I'm totally confused now...

Superado
February 26th, 2009, 05:01 AM
I wonder if it has anything to do with what the trans segment is copied from to swap in after the 4L80e install?

Superado
April 21st, 2009, 01:58 PM
more on this subject...
backs up Ed's comments :thumb_yello:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22730

joecar
April 21st, 2009, 03:16 PM
You mean that there are TCC WOT tables for 1999-2000 and that for 2001-2002 you use the 100% row of the PT tables...?

Cablebandit
April 29th, 2009, 08:19 AM
we fixed it the wrong way....just clipped the tcc wires in the harness....added male/female connectors. Its easy enuff to undo the wires when Al is putting on his skinnies at the track. Maybe one day we will revisit this and get it working properly

Cablebandit
August 24th, 2009, 10:35 PM
well we did get it working properly thanks to Ed Wright. He sent us a base tune that disabled tcc lockup at WOT...we had to copy info from EVERY table over 1 by 1 ....took about 1-1.5 hours. fter doing this, it doesnt lockup at wot anymore. He was able to access some tables that efilive does not for tcc.

slow67
August 28th, 2009, 04:58 AM
more on this subject...
backs up Ed's comments :thumb_yello:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22730

Check that thread for an update ;)

ScarabEpic22
August 28th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear HPT got that table, dont know if EFILive does or not. But I did pick up on something, to get a segment swap done you need to request it from tech support AND pay for more credits? Didnt know that...

GMPX
August 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Wow, after having LS1 support for about 5 years it's amazing this is the first time it's been a problem with what we offer in the tuning tables. I'd say because most people don't bother using those old 99,2000 OS's (which appear to contain the mystery table).
Paying for a segment swap!, wow, we need to activate a payment option to enable that function in EFILive, what a joke.

Cheers,
Ross

slow67
August 31st, 2009, 12:28 AM
The reason I had to pay for a segment swap was I switched to an Auto OS, where my original OS was 6speed. I thought the 6 speed OS might have been causing the problems. I also was seeing other weird issues, like not changing idle speed from P/N to in gear, but it would change the airflow, etc.

The reason this is just now surfacing is that OS has the 4L60s set to 256 and the 4L80es set to 50 mph in 2nd and 75 in 3rd.

Also, you can note that Bluecat Posted where in the bin file the tables are, and he is OK with sharing the information (to the whole LSx tuning community, not just HPT).

JTW

ScarabEpic22
August 31st, 2009, 07:27 AM
So you paid for a segment swap to switch OSs? Same issue applies, can do it in EFILive for free with a few mouse clicks. Takes a minute versus waiting for tech to send it back.

And that is true, Bluecat was generous to share that info. Ross, how hard would it be to add said tables in? The table placement in code is in that link...