PDA

View Full Version : Custom OS questions from a new tuner

mtnman
September 19th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Ok, I've seen a lot on the posts in relation to Custom OS -es. I've got a few questions that I havent seen answered in the posts.

Can the Custom OS be flashed on a PCM with the Flashcan-P package (or does it require a commercial upgrade)?

What benefits does flashing a custom OS onto the PCM provide as opposed to the stock OS?

Is the Custom OS beneficial to somebody with a fairly stock vehicle (no tubos, supercharges..etc)?

SS2win
September 19th, 2005, 08:13 AM
you need the commercial upgrade.

you can run MAF less tune and retain the high/low spark tables, there is a table added for 2/3bar boost applications, a valet/2step mode is available ...

If you want to run SD or boost then it is a great benefit.

BowlingSS
September 19th, 2005, 08:38 AM
OS V3 works great.

Bill

87gmc
September 19th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Better MPG :lol:

BowlingSS
September 19th, 2005, 08:55 AM
I am getting a little better gas mileage but I am still tuning.

Bill
:D

Blacky
September 19th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Can the Custom OS be flashed on a PCM with the Flashcan-P package (or does it require a commercial upgrade)?

Reflashing the PCM with a Custom OS upgrade requires either Commercial or Workshop. However,once the upgrade is flashed into the PCM, you can edit/tune it (including the custom calibrations) with the Personal version.
Oo if you know anyone with a Workshop version of EFILive that is willing to reflash your PCM for you (only takes 2 minutes) then you don't need to upgrade to the Commercial version.

Regards
Paul

lplott
September 20th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Better gas mileage always sounds good considering $3.09 a gallon... :lol:

How lean are you guys running your cruise rpms? 14.6-15.2?

Lonnie