PDA

View Full Version : V2 Screen goes blank and/or temp values go to 32 deg

pok
March 1st, 2009, 04:46 AM
When BB logging, either displaying or recording, the PID values go blank and the temp values go to 32. This just happens for an instant, and then the values return to the real time values. The changes to don't appear in the log when I play it back on my computer, until a certain point and then everything flat lines. There doesn't appear to be a trend in the time where the values flat line, but I only logged twice where this has happened. Previously, I have logged with the same firmware and bootblock and have not had this issue. I updated the firmware of V2 and I still have the issue with the latest firmware.

Please help!

I am working on a 2001 LB7 Duramax.

Thanks

On edit: the ALD, VPW and CAN failed the self test.

Blacky
March 1st, 2009, 07:34 AM
When (if) that happens again, please stop the log immediately* and save the trace file. You can save the trace file using the menu options: F2 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F1 Save Trace File. Then copy the trace file from FlashScan to the PC and email it to me at paul@efilive.com

Please include a link to this thread so I can correlate your email with this thread.

* By immediately, I mean within about 5 seconds as that's is the amount of time (during logging) that is recorded in the trace file before it gets overwritten.

The ALDL, VPW and CAN self tests require a second FlashScan unit in "Mule" mode, connected directly to the unit being tested. Otherwise the tests will "fail" because the tests will not detect a valid response. The self tests are used during the manufacturing process and during repair testing and are not really intended for use other then those situations.

Regards
Paul