PDA

View Full Version : E38 problem

KINTARO
March 1st, 2009, 02:21 PM
I have a 2007 5.3 out of a silverado i just have the engine harness obd harness and the dbw harness.I have the engine harness c4 wired up so it gets all it's power and ground from what the schematic says the throttle plate moves when i move the pedal but when i crank it has no spark should i have spark trying to turn it on like this...coils,o2 sensors, everything has power and ground but just no spark is there something im missing what do i need to do to the ecm it should run i'm bypassing everything. thanks

GAMEOVER
March 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM
Did you disable VATs.....

KINTARO
March 1st, 2009, 02:30 PM
Did you disable VATs.....
No i have not will that kill the spark and not make the coils fire....Where can i send my pcm so they can fix it up to run this engine sorry for all the question first time swapping efi engines.

69camaro5speed
March 22nd, 2009, 01:58 PM
vats are tricky on e38 stand alone set ups.i just went though it this weekend setting up a e38 to do engine dyno only on gen 4 took me like 12 flashes to get it to work and every time i start it after a reflash some times takes 5 trys to start like its doing a relurn.lurning vats are off lol got me

KINTARO
March 22nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
vats are tricky on e38 stand alone set ups.i just went though it this weekend setting up a e38 to do engine dyno only on gen 4 took me like 12 flashes to get it to work and every time i start it after a reflash some times takes 5 trys to start like its doing a relurn.lurning vats are off lol got mehow much would you charge me to set up my ECM for standalone I need some help with this nobody around here where I live has a clue of what Im doing .....thanks

GMPX
March 23rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Do you have EFILive? If so just post your tune up and someone can modify it for you, else contact Jesse at Wait4me performance.
http://www.wait4meperformance.com/
You could send your ECM to him to get sorted.

Cheers,
Ross