PDA

View Full Version : DSP 5 Troubleshooting

LBZoom
March 1st, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hey guys,
I got a DSP 5 switch wired into a buddie's 2004 LB7, and it's not switching tunes....I believe I figured out what the problem COULD be but haven't got to test it yet, so in the mean time I'll ask you guys. When setting the voltage requirements to activate each tune, do I need to actually measure the voltage with a multi-meter on the back of the switch to see what each tune needs to be set at like I later decided I should've done? :doh2: Or should the default 5,4,3,2,1 voltages be working?

Sparky8370
March 2nd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Open the tune and go to EFILive custom calibrations>DSP switch>parameters and make sure that {A0146} is set to hardwired and not serial data first.

GMPX
March 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
The reason the voltages are configurable is so anybody can design a hardwire switch to work with DSP5.
What you could do with the switch wired up, is take note of each voltage at each switch position (actually you can monitor that in the scantool).
Then adjust your switching voltages to suit.

To figure out the switching values just choose a voltage that falls between two switch levels.

Cheers,
Ross

LBZoom
March 2nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
When I log it in the scantool, the voltage always maintains 5.0-5.01 volts...Is it a bad switch possibly or is it wired wrong? I made sure the table was set to hardwired...

GMPX
March 2nd, 2009, 11:49 PM
That means either -
A) - The ground for the switch is missing
B) - If the ground is ok then maybe the switch output is not on the correct pin on the ECM.

Did you make the switch or buy it?

Cheers,
Ross

LBZoom
March 3rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
I bought the switch, it's wired into an early 2004 LB7, and the scripts that I ran were the late LB7 imperial. The tutorial said to wire the signal pin to position 69 and the ground to position 49, there's only two wires on the switch and they're both identical...we even tried cutting the wires behind the switch and switching them only to obtain the same result. I'll double check the ground today when I go to work on it. Does it have to be grounded to the ECM?

LBZoom
March 3rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Okay...one thing I'm not clear on after reading the tutorial. My switch that I purchased has two wires, signal and ground I assume. Do I need to add a third wire for the output to pin #39? If so how do I know where to hook it to my switch? Was my switch supposed to have only 2 wires?

LBZoom
March 3rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Got it working guys, loose ground pin. Must've pushed out because it wasn't lined up properly before we tightened the connector back down. Thanks for the help GMPX, and also Nick @ Duramaxtuner.com for his help and promptness! :cheers:

Sparky8370
March 5th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Congrats on getting straightened out.

joecar
March 5th, 2009, 05:30 PM
LBZoom, good job...:cheers: