PDA

View Full Version : What kind of serial output is used for V2?

Redline Motorsports
March 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I am in the process of revamping our dyno and wideband setup. The wideband is a high end unit that puts out a serial output that is CAN based. I am trying to figure out what kiIt nd of signal the V2 is using as there are three types of serial outputs.

Can it read a .dbc format? Attached is the data on the unit. I would prefer to stick with CAN based control as some of the new dynos are using the same protocol.

Need some clarification.

Thanks

Howard

Blacky
March 8th, 2009, 09:02 AM
FlasScan interfaces with wide band controllers using an RS232 serial interface.
Currently we support:
Innovate LC-1, LM-1, LM-2
PLX
JAW
TechEdge
FJO
AEM UEGO

Each of those devices outputs a completely unique serial protocol.
FlahScan has been coded to handle each of them. Adding a new one should not be too difficult.

I'd just need to know the exact byte by byte description of the serial data format.
Plus the serial baud rate, start/stop/parity bits etc.

We can't easily do the CAN integration because the integration would need to be on the vehicle's CAN bus (our only CAN input) and I don't think it would be wise to start transmitting AFR data on the vehicle's CAN bus. For one, most vehicles use one or more of CAN ID's 0x7E0..0x7EF, some of which the AFR document stated must be reserved for the AFR devices.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
March 8th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Are'nt the new GM's equipt with WBO2s instead of NBO2s?

Blacky
March 8th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Are'nt the new GM's equipt with WBO2s instead of NBO2s?

I believe they are going that way, but I have not heard of any (that we support) using wide band O2's yet.

But just 'cause I haven't heard, doesn't mean it isn't so. (was that a triple negative?)

Paul

Redline Motorsports
March 9th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Does this mean anything;

Communication is 38400 baud, 1 stop bit, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and no parity?

Howard

Redline Motorsports
March 9th, 2009, 06:07 PM
See pages 6-8. I think it what you may need. If so what is involved in setting it up. These guys make OEM development WB's and they are interested in being compatible with EFI Live input as well.

Thanks

Howard

mr.prick
March 9th, 2009, 06:53 PM
which one do you have?
The serial pin outs are on page 16.

V2 RJ12 input
-----------------------
1 <---> Tx Data
2 <---> Rx Data
5 <---> Ground

FlashScan to LC-1 and LM-1 Serial Cable Diagrams (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=8115)

Redline Motorsports
March 10th, 2009, 06:07 AM
The unit is the AFM1500. It sounds fairly straight forward as to the wiring into the RJ12 plug. I was more concerned about the protocol data crap that needs to be configured. I am lost with that stuff!

I got a e-mail into Paul to figure out how this is all done.

Howard

Blacky
March 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM
The unit is the AFM1500. It sounds fairly straight forward as to the wiring into the RJ12 plug. I was more concerned about the protocol data crap that needs to be configured. I am lost with that stuff!

I got a e-mail into Paul to figure out how this is all done.

Howard

I'm confident we can add support for it. At the very least, support enough to display the status and AFR or Lambda readings.

Regards
Paul

mr.prick
March 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM
This would be a nice addition to the serial WBO2 support for shop tuners
and hardcore hobbyists.

Highlander
May 17th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I wish there was some way to integrate with the dynojet system.